Traffic Jam!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Dec 21, 2009.

?

What do you do

1. Honk Continuously

27.3%
  2. Cuss Continuously

72.7%
  3. Run for it

27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

So you are late, for whatever it is you are late for, and you are- with Murphy's help- stuck in a traffic jam.
    What do you do?
    1. honk continuously till you are able to move another inch
    2. sit at the wheel while cussing in hopes that'll change the situation.
    3. forget it all, leave the engine running, and hope you won't be late, running in the street between the packed cars.

2. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

When I am stuck in a traffic jam, I would try to take the nearest exit and take either the local roads to my destination or drive a few miles on the local road and then get back on the freeway.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Swear continuously. It's rare where I live to be stuck in a traffic jam for more than 5 minutes, so I know I would only be a couple more minutes. No way in hell would i get out and run, it would make me even later.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I'd probably swear a few times and hope there's something good on the radio that'll pass the time.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

YouTube - Office Space Monkey Ass Drop

Luckily I don't have to deal with much traffic. If it's really bad I'll take side streets, but I rarely get stuck to the point where I'm literally not moving.

Smelnick likes this.
  6. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Traffic can get jammed up here in Winnipeg, but I always leave half an hour earlier than most normal people would leave to get to something, and so once I start driving, I doubt a traffic jam will ever make me late for work. I'm a very patient person most of the time, and so I'd just sit in my car and inch forward slowly. Eventually you get to the front.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i honk continuously. here in Albania is very easy to get stuck in traffic.
    we deal with a lot of traffic and ours is one of the countries with the highest number of accidents. it's a real mess.
    there are day when the traffic lights won't work and the policemen won't be in the crossroad to give a hand to drivers. so imagine the real chaos that is caused...

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I don't honk. WTF Is honking going to do? Make the accident magically clear up and traffic to start moving?

I just wait and might curse but that's it.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm actually a really patient driver. When it comes to traffic jams in my area I know where all the horrible choke points are in my town or going to town. So worst case scenario I'll drive 5 minutes out of my way to avoid a 30 minute traffic Jam.

However in the slim chance that I do get stuck in the middle... I'll usually just sit there patiently, cussing up a storm at my wheel about how ignorant and rude all the other drivers are. How things could go much smoother if people would just cooperate instead of worrying about getting out of the jam.

They always seem like the kind of people that would stick their hand in a pickle jar, grab as many as possible, then freak out and not know what to do when they cant pull their hands out.

10. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I just ride my bike around whatever happens to be in front of me. There are some advantages to not driving....