• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tradition

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
What traditions have you got? Eh? Hmmm?

Erm, two different sorts here, mainly, but there might be others.

The Sorts:
1) Traditions that you have yourself, personally, like tradition type gear that you do with your friends, or family. Stuff you do in your own little world that is, or has become, or seems to be turning into a tradition.
2) National tradition where you do something that the nation seems to treat as a tradition, and like a rate proper good thing to do. Like some sort of national something day whatever - Try dish up some obscure ones if you can... might be educational.

E.g.
@ 1) It's become a tradition of mine, where in September each year me and my Dad will go and have a golfing weekend at some golf resort place. It's a great laugh and properly relaxing. We've affirmed that it's on each year now, basically because we both enjoy golf and the general 'atmosphere' at a country club hotel place type thing is extremely relaxing and agreeable. It's a bloody amazing break to have, and usually I (and he) don't have that many holidays thanks to work hours, so it comes as a good break. To make it a tradition means it's always something to look forward to.

@ 2) In UK it is tradition to scoff down a plate of roast meat and vegetables and yorkshire puddings and gravy for lunch. This is done on a Sunday as tradition. It is crazily named, Sunday Lunch or Dinner if you're a commoner like me.

So, what you got? Eh? Hmmm?

Dabs

Registered Member
Your tradition with your Dad, and the both of you golfing, sounds like a grand time :)
Sadly, I have no traditions, of any kind, anymore.
Years ago, my Mother and I would celebrate our birthdays together.
Share the same cake, have a nice dinner, and open our gifts from one another at the same time.
Our birthdays were only 2 days apart, Mother's is March 30 and mine is April 1.
So it was something we looked forward to every year.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I see my folks every Thursday and every Sunday without fail.

My boyfriend and I will have a Movie night on a Sunday night before shitty work the next day.

That's all I can think of right now.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Every winter (when we get enough snow) me and some of my friends always build a snow dragon and light yard torches around it. Then we roast hot dogs (or whatever) and party in the snow. It's always tons of fun.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Every winter (when we get enough snow) me and some of my friends always build a snow dragon and light yard torches around it. Then we roast hot dogs (or whatever) and party in the snow. It's always tons of fun.
A snow DRAGON? Not just a snowman, a dragon... Now that's effort, and sounds really cool (no pun) :p

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I used to have Easter tradition "hunt" and Christmas tradition "massive exchange gift with family" but both were lost as I grew up. Now I don't do anything I'd consider tradition. Time to make new ones, I suppose. I kinda like having traditions.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have family traditions, mostly revolving around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. We also do an annual trip to the ocean in Delaware for a week or two every summer, but I've passed on that the last couple years to do my own hiking trips instead. I guess my hiking trips are becoming a tradition. It's something I try to get away to do at least once a year.

Dekzper

Registered Member
A snow DRAGON? Not just a snowman, a dragon... Now that's effort, and sounds really cool (no pun) :p
It's awesome! :D You should try it sometime! We use icicles for horns and glowsticks for eyes.
I musta been in a big rush cause I forgot to mention that we also do Halloween and Yule. And we decorate a tree and do the presents and dinner thing. But for Halloween we dont trick or treat. We just have parties! :)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
One of our countries tradition is when we wish other people to get married. When someone pays you a visit, after you treat them they will always tell you "Good luck in everything, followed by a marriage" [if you're not married]. It's like wishing the other person to seem them in their wedding someday.