• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Trading Card Games (TCG)

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Anybody still play any TCG's?

I used to play Magic in college and Yu-Gi-Oh! in high school. I wish I had the money to keep up with Magic because it's extremely fun and very challenging. I like collecting cards when I can get them now. Want to see something ridiculous? One of, if not the rarest Magic cards out there:

Magic The Gathering, magic cards, singles, card lists, deck ideas.

Yep, almost $3600!

What TCG do you collect? Any favorite cards?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I got back into playing YGO over the past 12 months, a friend built me a Harpie Lady deck and I love it :D

I tried MTG, but the duels take far too long and I got really bored :lol: It was fun to learn though and I almost won my first game!

ChaosHerald

Registered Member
I still love playing MTG, even though I started nearly 12 years ago, with the introduction of the Mercadian Masks expansion.
My favourite style was always all-out agression, so I mainly played red decks. I tried YGO at some point, because my cousin plays it, but it didn't convince me (though it's quite similar to MTG)

Oh and Black Lotus - keep the dream alive :D

Taliesin

Registered Member
I used to collect and play the Star Trek TCG, and that was always a lot of fun. I don't do that any more though because it's quite an expensive pastime, and I've long lost touch touch with the friends I used to play it with. Such a shame.

dobzy

Registered Member
My husband played the Magic one at some point in high school. He has a ton of cards still. I'm sure eventually we will bring them out and he will teach me now to play. :)

We have LOTR tcg and Harry Potter.

Rowan

Registered Member
I play MTG competitivly. I don't have any cards over 80 dollars though. actually I think my most expensive card is only 50 or something since it lost value. I don't play vintage so I don't really need those uber expensive cards.

I also play pokemon. I used to play competitivly and back in the day I went to regionals every year for 3 years befoer I quit. I have taken it up again just for fun.

I used to play Yugioh but I never sank money into it or anything and I honestly can say I just dno't like it. I think my contorl/burn deck still exists somewhere........

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The only TCG I have ever played in my life is Pokemon. And I haven't played it for a really long time. I still have a box full of Pokemon cards somewhere though.

BigBob

Registered Member
I played two TCG games, Yu-Gi-Oh was the one that I played the most.. I tried out Magic a couple times as well but it didn't really stick with me once I moved back to Pennsylvania and started playing football.

I collected Pokemon cards, and from what I can remember, I only actually played it once.

LegionEmpire

I always liked collecting all the different sets of Marvel cards back in the day I don't know if they still make collector cards or not.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I was into Pokemon cards back before I was in highschool. They got banned from my school because of how many immature kids would fight over them. Ignorant kids cheating younger kids out of good expensive cards.

I never played the actual game though, I just collected the cards. I spent 5 bucks to buy a kids whole collection of 200+ cards lol. It probably cost his parents WAYYYY more and apparently he got in trouble for selling them to me haha. In the end though I ended up just letting my little brothers have them because once I got to highschool, they were just a useless box of cards lol.