• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TradeCentre 2015

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Trade deadline is Monday, March 2nd, 2015. I thought we could discuss possible trades before the deadline, and we can use this thread to post small deals, and the big ones can get their own threads.

As a Canadiens fan, I think Eller' time in Montreal may be done. With DLR playing really well right now, and showing more grit than Eller, he may be shipped out. I, personally, wouldn't miss him all that much if he did get traded.

Your thoughts?

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Blackhawks have something going but apparently is not sure what it is because he didn't say.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Bruins and Hawks are in dire need to make some drastic moves.

Winnipeg Jets needs to get another deal done. They need some scoring depth - in trouble of slipping out of playoffs.

Montreal still needs a top 6 forward and I am iffy on if they need another defenceman. Pateryn and Tinordi have showed they can play and play effectively in this league. (Tinordi and Thomas were sent down today. Gonchar and Parenteau likely in tomorrow vs Leafs). So if Montreal is going to improve their scoring - it's going to take more than just Lars Eller to get that done. Toronto getting a 2nd and 4th for Winnik has already indicated that the price to get deals done will be costly.

Been reading for the past 24 hours that Marc Bergevin might be using Zach Fucale as trade bait to get Jeff Petry in Edmonton. If you're offering Fucale, I'm hoping that at least, you get something more than Petry in return. I don't know what it would cost to get Jordan Eberle but I'd be less frustrated to see Fucale go if he was in the trade.

Also been reading on Twitter tonight that for the 3rd time in a short span, Habs are scouting the Kings. Wonder who they could be after...

goingtopshelf

Registered Member
Kimmo! Kimmo! Kimmo!

Have always loved this guy, huge reward, low risk deal for the Blackhawks as Timonen comes over for a conditional 4th round pick. I have more details here in the Blackhawks thread.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Habs are hot on Mike Richards, I would assume.

Fucale is having a horrible year. Minus a gold medal of course; his goals against and save percentage is not that of a prospect elite goaltender. Petry is a healthy scratch for the Oilers today. It's not the end of the world if the Habs trade Fucale. It's likely, he wouldn't have had a shot in Montreal save for a couple seasons playing back-up before being traded. I don't really see Price going anywhere for the next 8-10 years (unless everything falls apart). Tokarski will be a back-up for the next 1-2 years, then Condon after that.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Glencross to Washington for a 2nd and 3rd... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Joe Smith
‏@TBTimes_JSmith So, to wrap up, #tblightning traded Connolly, Gudas, a first and third rounder for Coburn and two second rounders ('15 and '16).
Good pick-up for the Lightning. He'll definitely help that defensive core - which is already pretty strong.

Seems like GM's really want draft picks this year.