• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tradecenter(Trade Deadline)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Trading Deadline is on February 28, 2011. We usually get some good discussion going on with trades at GF. There's already been a few moves so I decided to start the thread a bit early.

The Ottawa Senators' rebuild is in full swing as Mike Fisher is on his way to the Nashville Predators in exchange for Nashville's first-round pick in the 2011 Entry Draft and a conditional pick in the 2012 Draft.
Sens trade Fisher to Predators for 1st round, conditional pick

The Senators are one of the worst teams in the NHL this season, it was pretty obvious that they would make a lot of moves and Fisher was bound to be one of them. He hasn't played up to his contract and the Senators needed to rebuild. Good move for both teams, when Fisher is on his game he's a good second line player. He plays the game hard and he can deliver some great hits and put the puck in the net. That said, the Senators just lost a lot of female fans, Ottawa female fans thought this guy was God.

Toronto Maple Leafs have shipped defenceman Francois Beauchemin back to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Joffrey Lupol defenceman Jake Gardiner and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in the 2013 Entry Draft.
Leafs trade Beauchemin to Ducks for Lupul, Gardiner, draft pick

Great move by the Leafs, Beauchemin didn't fit in Toronto at all. He has problems skating, and Leafs already have two other bad skaters in Komisarek and Phaneuf. Lupol is a very inconsistent player, but when on his game he can put the puck in the net. I've also heard great things about Gardiner.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do hope that the Blues do something at the deadline but I have my doubts it'll be anything big.

Nice pickup for Nashville though and good for Ottawa they landed a first round pick as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have confidence that the Blues will get something done, like you've mentioned in the official thread they're only a couple of points away from a playoff spot. Rumors are that Eric Brewer will be on his way out, but those rumors just starter not to long ago. They've had a lot of injuries this season, but I believe they need a veteran player for the rest of the season to give a chance to make the playoffs. Who that player is, not to sure yet.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have confidence that the Blues will get something done, like you've mentioned in the official thread they're only a couple of points away from a playoff spot. Rumors are that Eric Brewer will be on his way out, but those rumors just starter not to long ago. They've had a lot of injuries this season, but I believe they need a veteran player for the rest of the season to give a chance to make the playoffs. Who that player is, not to sure yet.
Eric Brewer probably has a lot of value right now because he's been really good. He's been awful the past couple of years and that was due mostly to injuries I would think.

They definitely need to get something done but like you, I don't know what.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another trade to announce.

Kris Versteeg's tenure in Toronto has been a very short one as sources tell TSN that the Toronto Maple Leafs have sent the 24-year old forward to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a pair of draft picks, one of them being a first round pick.
Leafs send Versteeg to Flyers for draft picks

The Leafs were really high on him when they got him during the off-season. The experiment didn't go as planned though. Kris failed to make an impact on the Leafs like many people from upper management thought he would do. The Leafs get a couple of draft picks for him, which is good for them since they want to rebuild and go younger.

This trade makes Philadelphia even more dangerous. Versteeg will probably be playing on the third line, which is where he belongs. He's a good offensive threat, and he kills penalties.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another small trade to announce. Nothing major.

The Ottawa Senators continue to clean house as they have traded forward Chris Kelly to the Boston Bruins in exchange for a second round draft pick in the upcoming 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Senators send Kelly to Bruins for 2nd round draft pick
People won't be as mad at this one like they were for the Mike Fisher trade, but I know a few people wanted to keep Chris Kelly. The Senators are just starting to clean house, names like Chris Neil, Chris Phillips, Jarko Ruttu, Alex Kovalev, ect will be on their way out. They just want to rebuild which makes me so happy since that means they won't be able to contend for a few years since they don't have a good farm system as we speak.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Another trade to announce, this one is pretty big.

Tomas Kaberle's time as a Toronto Maple Leaf has finally come to an end.
After 12 seasons in blue and white, the Maple Leafs have traded the veteran defenceman to the Boston Bruins in exchange for prospect centre Joe Colborne , the Bruins' first round pick in 2011 and a conditional draft pick.
Kaberle to be traded to Bruins for Colborne and picks

This is pretty big, the rumors of Kaberle being traded to another team has been going on for the last four years or so. This is a great addition to the Bruins, he'll most likely play alongside Chara which will be a perfect duo since Chara is a shooter and Tomas doesn't shoot and his a great puck moving defensing. As a Habs fan this pisses me off so much since Montreal are battling the Bruins for top spot in the division.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Kaberle trade is definitely huge...

Blues did end up trading Eric Brewer today. Sent him to Tampa Bay for a third round pick and a prospect. I remember his Dad when he played. Beukeboom (spelling)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Blues did end up trading Eric Brewer today. Sent him to Tampa Bay for a third round pick and a prospect. I remember his Dad when he played. Beukeboom (spelling)
Millz I'm curious what you think about the impact of this one on the Blues...and anyone else knowledgeable in hockey lol.

I know Brewer was solid, but also that he wasn't the end-all be-all of the NHL by any means.
------
Looks like the St. Louis Blues just traded Erik Johnson and Jay McClement to the Colorado Avalanche for Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk.

I'm bummed to see EJ go; I don't really know anything about Stewart and Shattenkirk, yet.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are the Blues retarded? Why in the blue hell would they trade Erik Johnson? That's so stupid. Yes, he hasn't performed like they expected him to do so, but he's still young and very talented. This trade is definitely going to come back and bite them in the ass.

I know Chris Stewart is talented, but the Blues already have scorers. Now they just lost their best defenseman.