• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tradecenter: February 27, 2012

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Tradeline is less than two weeks away, so I decided to start this thread where we can discuss possible trades.

Here is Bob McKenzie on Rick Nash's trade availability:

McKenzie: Blue Jackets' Nash available for right team

Nash has a full NMC and controls where he goes. He could very well stay in Columbus if he wanted too. I'm interested to see if Rick Nash is actually going to get traded. He's played his whole career there, and he's said many times that he enjoys playing for Columbus even though they've struggle for the most part ever since he's been there. Some teams are definitely interested in his services.

lescamil

Hopeless musician
V.I.P.
I am pretty confident that Jeff Carter and/or Rick Nash will be moved by the end of the season, if not by the deadline. Also, there is no way Scott Howson keeps his job, either. I am REALLY hoping that Los Angeles doesn't get Nash. Otherwise, I really don't care who gets him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Selanne to the Red Wings would be pretty epic, but it won't happen. Teemu enjoys playing in Anaheim and he re-signed with them for that reason. He's not going to void his no-trade clause. It would be different if he didn't win a Stanley Cup, like Bourque when he got traded to Colorado, but he's already won a Cup, so he's staying in Anaheim.

I would love to see Shane Doan go to Winnipeg, for many reasons. He's stated that he enjoys playing in Phoenix, but I don't believe he'd hate the idea of playing in Winnipeg once again. He's not the same elite player he once was, but he still does everything you ask him on the ice.

A player like Ray Whitney joining the Sharks would help them in more ways than none, especially in the Playoffs. He would bring leadership, he's won a Stanley Cup before so he knows how to win, and he's a grinder, does the dirty things that not all players love to do.

It would be stupid for the Blackhawks to give up on Crawford this early. Nabakov has been playing better than expected this year, but if I were Chicago I would ride him and Emery. I know they've been playing awful as of late, but Nabakov has shown many times that he's not a playoff goalie, and Kons can attest to that.

Captain Canada joining the Rangers would be huge. He's clutch, and also like Whitney he does the dirty things that people don't like to do. The Rangers are a legit threath for the Cup this year, but adding Ryan Smith would make them my favorite team to win the Cup in the East.

Hal Gill would help any team. Gill is slow, doesn't possess a strong shot, but he steps up his game during the Playoffs, and any Playoff team would be better with him on their roster. He's also one of the best 5-3 penalty killers in the NHL.

Nash to Vancouver would be scary, play him alongside the two Sedin brothers and you have one of the best lines in the NHL right there. He's big, he's not afraid to stand in front of the net, he can do almost anything with the puck. But like the article states, they would have to give up A LOT to get him, and I'm not sure the Canucks are willing to do that, even if it better their chances to win a Cup.

Regarding your other article, I think it would be extremely stupid on Chicago's part if they traded away Patrick Kane. He's one of the best young players in the NHL.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Canadiens acquire Geoffrion from Predators in trade for Gill

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this trade. Gill will be miss on the penalty kill, but other than that, not so much.

The Pressure Geoffrion will have on his shoulders will be incredible, I really hope it doesn't phase him and he realizes what's coming. I really hope he performs well. Obviously, he won't put up numbers like his grand-father did, but I hope he becomes a solid player.

Just wish Boom Boom was still alive to see this.

Last edited:

lescamil

Hopeless musician
V.I.P.
Any word on whether or not Blake will be able to wear his grandfather's old number 5? He wore that number in Nashville.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's a good question, I know he has his number retired, but some times players can make a request to still wear it. He's family so maybe they'll allow it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Source -- Philadelphia Flyers acquire Pavel Kubina for two draft picks - ESPN

The Tampa Bay Lightning have traded defenseman Pavel Kubina to the Philadelphia Flyers for a pair of draft picks, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Saturday.

According to the source, the Flyers traded a conditional second round pick they had originally acquired from Florida in a trade for Kris Versteeg, and also a fourth-rounder in 2013 to land the veteran defenseman.

The Panthers hold the option on whether the second round pick can be used this year or in 2013.

The trade is still pending league approval, according to the source.

lescamil

Hopeless musician
V.I.P.
The Pavel Kubina trade and the Nick Grossman trade just seem like Band-Aids to sort of alleviate the Chris Pronger hole in the D. They'll need a better defensive effort after that brutal game today. 2 shorthanded goals, especially one on a 5 on 3, is terrible.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Two great pick-ups for Philadelphia in my opinion. The Flyers needed help on defense and they went out and got that help. That said, they now have fifty-one contracts which isn't allowed and they'll need to make a move soon. Wonder what that is going to be.