• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

trade pieces:Montreal

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
With Petry, beaulieu and mitchell signed, Marc Bergevin has addressed his needs at the bottom 6 offence and the top 4 defense.
but the one thing the Canadiens lack, a solid top 6 on the right side. We all know the trade bait on the current roster, but what about he prospects?
Here is my list of prospects who could be a piece in future trades.

-Andrighetto
-Tinordi
-Thomas
-Bournival
-Hudon
-Dietz
-Fucale
-Bennett
-Ellis

Now i dont want to trade hudon or dietz, but it could be a possibility if the canadiens want to acquire a top 6.

For some reason, for every fan commenting on a possible trade, they're ALWAYS saying "Tinordi, Fucale and a draft pick for Jordan Eberle or Nail Yakupov." Which drives me nuts because:

a) I'm not even touching Yakupov with a 20-foot pole. I usually HATE Russian players (with a couple of exceptions that have proven they have heart and love for the game - see Markov & Ovechkin & Malkin) and I don't want another rotten apple in the locker room. We had enough with the Kostitsyns.

b) Those people seem to be of the belief that Zach Fucale is worth something on the trade market when he hasn't played pro yet. To me, a junior goalie isn't worth squat in a trade so why do you think a team would give you one of their best players for a prospect goalie. Those same people always answer: "Well, Edmonton is looking for a goalie" - well, guess what, buddy: they'll want a goalie that can start RIGHT NOW, not 5-6 years from now, which will probably be Fucale's time frame.

To me, it seems obvious that because of his size, Jarred Tinordi is the most enticing bait for a trade. I'm assuming that a couple of teams would also inquire about maybe including Andrighetto in a deal as well.

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
i completely understand your reply, all im saying is these are in a way our best prospects that we can give up.

Oh, I'm not questioning the choice of your prospects. Those are indeed the best prospects the Habs could give up. But in some cases, I don't know if we could get everything we would want with them, namely Fucale right now while I love the guy to death, has no pro experience hence no value on the trade market.