• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tracy Morgan's onstage homophobic comments

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I figured that this belong in "Other News" since it wasn't directly about any of Tracy Morgan's shows, etc. I couldn't really find an appropriate area in Showbiz, but the GF mods are welcome to move this if they need to.

Apparently, Tracy Morgan (I was a big fan, not sure what to think now) went into a pretty homophobic rant during a recent stand-up outing:

Tracy Morgan's Homophobic Remarks In Anti-Gay Stand Up Set UPDATE: Morgan Apologizes

I tried to find a site that best captured the story, and the Huffington Post's Entertainment section had the best synopsis.

Thoughts? How will this affect his career?

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I didn't know who he was until the article said 'he played the transvestite in Adam Sandler's 'The Longest Yard'' :lol:

I've seen all kinds of comedians prod and poke at the gays, but you can tell it's in good fun and not meant to really insult anyone; what he said stepped over the line and he may not be as popular as before, or it'll end his career.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I've always been a fan of Morgan's, I loved him in Cop Out with Bruce Willis, I watch every time I catch it on HBO. But comments like these are uncalled for. This is just so wrong.