• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Tracy Morgan survives deadly car crash

dDave

V.I.P.
He's in critical condition with a broken leg, nose, and ribs, but it's looking as if he will survive. One of his friends was not so lucky.

Police: Driver charged in Tracy Morgan crash was awake 24 hours - CNN.com

This trucker was allegedly awake for far longer than he should have been. Who in their right mind goes driving after being awake for more than 24 hours?

Walmart has stated that they will take full responsibility for the accident if it is determined that their truck did in fact cause the accident.

Tough situation for Morgan, when he wakes up he will undoubtedly need a lot of time to heal.

I enjoyed Morgan's role on 30 Rock of all his performances. I thought that show was pure gold and I thought his character was a great fit for the show.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its sad that this happened and it sounds like the driver had been driving for far too long. It said they can't be driving for more than 11 hours in a 14 hour period. I have driven for several hours before and it gets tiring. It must be worse trying to drive one of these trucks.

Happy he is doing better.

Too bad James McNair had to die. If this guy had been driving for 24 hours he deserves what he gets for this death.

dDave

V.I.P.
Its sad that this happened and it sounds like the driver had been driving for far too long. It said they can't be driving for more than 11 hours in a 14 hour period. I have driven for several hours before and it gets tiring. It must be worse trying to drive one of these trucks.

Happy he is doing better.

Too bad James McNair had to die. If this guy had been driving for 24 hours he deserves what he gets for this death.
I drove from Chicago to Colorado Springs once (17-18 hours) in one go with just one other person. That was pretty tiring. Even if you aren't driving the road is still wearing you down a lot if the vehicle is moving.

Sometimes the things people think will be harmless turn out to be life and death for other people.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I drove from Chicago to Colorado Springs once (17-18 hours) in one go with just one other person. That was pretty tiring. Even if you aren't driving the road is still wearing you down a lot if the vehicle is moving.

Sometimes the things people think will be harmless turn out to be life and death for other people.
When we did long trips like this once there we were there for a few days at least. These truckers do it day after day. I imagine that would be even more tiring. I know after just one nights sleep I was still tired from driving. If we had to do it again the next day I would have become tired even more quickly.

I wouldn't be surprised if more regulation didn't come out of this accident even though many people are killed every year by big trucks. Those victims just wasn't famous and didn't get the news coverage this accident did.