Tracy McGrady's Career coming to an end soon?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

With all of his injuries hurting him. Now learning that his back problem is probably chronic. Do you believe that his career is coming to an end soon?

I believe that he's going to play till he can't handle it anymore, but I still believe that he has at least 5-7 years left. During those years he'll probably miss a lot of games, but I believe he loves the game to much to leave it right away, even if is back is that messed up.

2. He said he will most likely leave as soon as his contract ends.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Leave the league? I'm guessing he'll retire when he can't play well anymore.

4. sportsaholic

sportsaholic Guest

5. Babe_Ruth

He's been contemplating playing Baseball for years now. A couple years back he almost signed with New York Yankees. And it's a possibility, but if he's going to play a sport I think it's going to be Basketball, because if is back can't handle an 82 game schedule I doubt it will be able to handle an 162 game schedule. Especially the bat speed in the game would kill is back.

6. TheSportsGuy

TheSportsGuy Guest

Very true, there would be no way he could handle a 162 game season in 180 days. That's insane.

7. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

I heard T-Mac in an interview mention that he doesn't think he'll play many more years.
    I guess it depends if he can keep his back healthy or not.
    right now he's had back problems almost every year over the last 4-5 so I'd think he may lean towards retiring in 2-3 years if he's being sincere.

8. Rickster

Rickster Guest

It's a shame to see this happen to great athletes. Their bodies start breaking down and they never know until afterwords after they've thrown in the towel. Sadly, I also see this happening to Donovan McNabb of the Philadelphia Eagles. His fal on his knee seemed pretty pedestrian yet it ended up tearing his ACL. Last year, it was his sternum. He's physicaly breaking down and even though he's only 31, and one of the best QBs in the game todaym the Eagles have to start thinking of their future. I don't think this is the case with Culpepper, he just game back way too fast from knee surgery, and with that crappy protection down in Miami, disaster was bound to happen.

9. Babe_Ruth

It is ashame, because Tracy Mcgrady is one of the best players in the NBA if healthy, and if he was healthy he could of done great things with Yao, and the Houston Rockets. Mcgrady is very entertaining as well, he puts on a show like no other, especially when he's on fire.

I don't think is back will be fine, because it's a chronic problem, and those things don't heal very well. But hopefully he can play at a high level till he's at least 35 with no injury issues.

10. joee.

joee. Guest

i dunt think he will play consistantly until hes 35.
    he should do something about like what nash does.
    lie down wen he is on the bench.