• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Toy Story 3 Confirmed for 2010 Release!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
So I am aware that the "Toy Story" franchise is aimed at kids, but really it has always been one of my favorite of the recent CG animation trends. You really can't go wrong with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen.

I thought the second was a good sequel, and it was nice to see Wayne Knight make a nice cameo as well. He's hilarious in Seinfeld and pretty much is great in everything he does.

And you just have to love Wallace Shawn as Rex. (Princess Bride and about 100 other movies..) INCONCEIVABLE! :D

And heck, even Kelsey Grammer has made it to the cast of Toy Story as the voice of "Stinky Pete" in Toy Story 2. "Frasier" was awesome and I'll usually watch anything he is in.

The talent goes on and on...

So, yes, Toy Story 3 was confirmed just a few days ago by John Lasseter (director and co-writer of both previous movies).

ROTTEN TOMATOES: Lasseter Confirms Toy Story 3 and Upcoming Pixar Projects

It's looking like it will be out in 2010, but hey that sounds about right. Why knock down the entire trilogy in one decade.. right? At least graphics will be even better by then.

I'd like to see them bring Martin Short on board this time around. He and Tim Allen have done some really funny stuff together. I think the chemistry would work well with Toy Story 3 also.

IMDB isn't much for words (or text rather) yet... Their Toy Story 3 page is simply a blank page:

Toy Story 3 (2010)

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to this movie. It will be interesting to see what happens as they get

dmny500

Registered Member
I've always been a huge fan of Toy Story myself. I used to own them both on vhs but I threw away my vhs tapes so I cant watch them anymore unless I cared enough to buy them on dvd. I don't know why they're taking such a long break though, seems like it's been forever and then on top of that 2 more years is a long time.

dDave

V.I.P.
Wow that is far in the future, I can't believe that there is going to be so much space between 2 and 3 hopefully they are still able to get the same people for all of the voices because that'd be a real bummer if they didn't.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well the actor who voiced the slinky dog has died since Toy Story 2 came out so they'd have to find a replacement for him. He was also the same guy who played Ernest in the Disney Ernest movies.

Anyway, there wasn't even going to be a Toy Story 3 until Disney bought Pixar a year or so ago. Pixar was in a disagreement with Disney over their contract with them. Apparently they had a contract to do 5 movies, and their 5 movies were up. That and the fact that Disney tried to say the sequels didn't count as part of the 5 movies. That's why Pixar pretty much said no more sequels would be made during the current contract. Disney apparently realized that they needed Pixar to be on their side, so instead of fighting them in court they simply bought them.

After Disney bought Pixar the doors were opened for pretty much anything Disney wanted Pixar to do including Toy Story 3.

Eilt_Druin

Registered Member
I haven't seen either of the Toy Story movies. It's really odd, because I usually enjoy everything with Tim Allen in it. I'll have to try to see them before this movie comes out.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah you should check it out. It's pretty entertaining. It's definitely one of Tim Allen's better movie sets so far.

I'd like to see the third continue in the style of the 2nd, with a few more movie spoofs in it. I hope they get most of the voices back for the 3rd. It's been a long time since the 2nd already and some people may be hard to get back. I haven't heard much about the plot yet but I'm sure in the next 2 years more will surface.

I just hope it doesn't get canceled.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
I like how its going to be awhile until it comes out. Ive been getting sick and tired of having sequels come out every other year, like it was just thrown together to make a few more bucks.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with you CalSteve. I prefer sequels to come out several years apart instead of year after year. I mean, it's one thing for a sequel to come out 20 years later, which is ridiculous, but within 5 or so years from the last movie is perfectly fine with me. This is a bit more than that but I think it will be fine. With computer animated movies it's not as important as with filmed movies, because even if the actors look a lot older, nobody will know and the plot can pick up right where it left off if the writers want it to.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
oh man toy story was a favorite :) once, for Purim, my mom dressed up as Bo Peep from that movie. it was cute ^_^
i am looking forward to this. i really hope they can get all the same voices back... it wont be th same otherwise :(