• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tough Mudder

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Has anyone here ever completed a Tough Mudder? Or ever aimed to do so?

My roommate did it yesterday for the first time and she can't move her whole body today.

For anyone who doesn't know, tough mudder is an extremely intense, 20km marathon/obstacle course. Known for being extremely gruelling and punishing. It's a worldwide event and more than half a million people have competed so far.

I think I would like to do it one day. Not right now since I am nowhere near fit enough, but one day maybe, it's a good thing to train towards.

Cool fact: In the recent Australian Tough Mudder , 40% of participants were women, which is much higher than anywhere else in the world so far. The managing director of the program stated that Aussie women were ''probably the toughest chicks on the planet'' haha.

Tough Mudder - Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet

danwiz

Registered Member
I certainly have not, in fact I had never even heard of it before this - therefore, thanks for explaining what it is! So, if 40% of Aussie participants are females then I guess that must indicate that you are a bunch of "tough mothers" down under, eh!?:lol::lol:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Haha yep. There's a few tough mudder F*ckers down here.

I find it crazy that they actually have parts in the obstacle course that electrocute you. Something like 10,000 volts that you have to run through and get shocked the whole time. And they do it twice! You also have to go through -32c ice water in one part!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh wow designed by the British Special Forces, getting shocked, not a race I would want to participate in but my hat is off to anyone that does.

Never heard of it before, thanks for the info Crouton.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've wanted to take part in this race for years and years. It's really expensive though. I can definitely get myself into good enough physical shape to finish the race. Regardless, I don't think I'll be doing it any time soon. If I was given the opportunity to compete, I'd do it in an instant.

I did do the Spartan Race this last summer and I've signed up for it again next year. It's not quite as grueling as the tough mudder, but the obstacles are much more diverse and there's still plenty of mud.

Last edited:

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
As of right now, I wouldn't take part in an event like Tough Mudder. I get tired after running for 25 minutes to a half-hour.

Elanor

Registered Member
My cousin has done this for the past 2 years in a row. I think he is a bit mad, but he really enjoys it, and he raises money for charity. It usually takes him a day at least to recover. Even though I do think he is mad, I also think he is pretty amazing for all the training he does, and actually finishing the course.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've wanted to take part in this race for years and years. It's really expensive though. I can definitely get myself into good enough physical shape to finish the race. Regardless, I don't think I'll be doing it any time soon. If I was given the opportunity to compete, I'd do it in an instant.

I did do the Spartan Race this last summer and I've signed up for it again next year. It's not quite as grueling as the tough mudder, but the obstacles are much more diverse and there's still plenty of mud.
Yeah Dave it's really expensive. I don't know if it's the same price worldwide but my roommate paid $200 to do it!