• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Exercise Total Gym

dDave

V.I.P.
My gym has a total gym and I've always wanted to get around to using it.

Chuck Norris has apparently been using the Total Gym for 35 years and he's still in incredible shape. It just looks like a really simple machine that you can work every part of your body with. I never really have been into getting ripped, I do enjoy staying fit though.

Does anybody here use a Total Gym? If I wanted to get one for home do you think it would be worth it? (I have an old one that's a piece of crap and I'd rather buy a new one than use that thing)

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I had to google that. Never really heard of that before. Looks similar to something I have seen though, not sure what it's called though. Looks like it would give a decent all around work out.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
It looks like it would give you a decent workout but since I have never used one I don't know. When some of these actors that are in great shape push some of these exercise products sometimes I have to wonder if they got in that good of shape using them.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've never used one before, but I've seen them all over TV. While I'm sure you can get a decent workout from it, I doubt it would be better than using free weights.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It looks like you can get a decent workout on it but like Maj pointed out, I doubt it would be better than free weights. I would consider buying one maybe at some point, but I think I would rather stick to free weights for now.

dDave

V.I.P.
I can definitely see why free weights might be better, especially if you're trying to get ripped. I don't want to be ripped though, my goal is to stay strong but maintain my speed (having a huge upper body isn't good for this). You're getting high resistance at a lot of the same exact angles without the dangers of dropping any of the weights on yourself too (yeah, I've seen this happen). Obviously, it's mostly about the upper body. For my legs I always bike and/or run (been mostly the bike recently).

Chuck Norris apparently used the Total Gym to stay in shape for Expendables 2.

Chuck Norris - Total Gym Workout for "The Expendables 2" - 2012 - YouTube