• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Toshiba to Recall 340,000 Laptop Batteries by Sony

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I find this interested because my laptop is a Toshiba. I need to double-check what kind of battery it has, but either way, it's questionable at times...

Toshiba to Recall Sony Laptop Batteries: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Toshiba just announced plans to recall 340,00 laptop batteries made by Sony.
Needless to say, this won't be good for Sony, or necessarily Toshiba. Sony is bound to take the blunt of the hit though. Their stock chart can be seen here:

Yahoo! Finance Charts

Sony is big enough that this shouldn't effect them much, but a small drop could be expected. The announcement came around 11:30 pm EST, so it will be interesting to see what the stock does at tomorrow's bell. It dropped 25 cents from it's day high on Monday, and currently sits at $42.28.

[SYMBOL]SNE[/SYMBOL]

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
And I was right. Sony stock dropped to a low of $41.41 today, before crawling back to $41.76.

I'm glad I don't have any Sony stock right now. I doubt it will go back up tomorrow either. Check it towards the end of the day on Friday though. It could be headed back up for Monday.

Let's just keep an eye on Sony in the news. :)