Tortorella hire could save Renney debacle

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Turbo, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NHL Hockey stats, scores, standings, blogs and fantasy news from NHL Hockey columnists

Well the early rumors have been confirmed. I for one hope that Tort's lights a fire under the teams collective butts, but if it fails I'll be glad to help Sather move out of MSG.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I've always liked Tortorella, I mean 7 seasons with Tampa he had 1 Stanley Cup, 2 Division Championships, came in 2nd in division twice, 3rd once, and 5th two other times. As a coach he's got himself a winning record, so to be honest I'm having trouble remembering why Tampa even got rid of him?!?!? :hah:

Hey cool fact, Tortorella's first officially recorded 4 coached NHL games were with the NY Rangers. Three Losses and 1 tie... not the greatest, but maybe he'll have more luck this go 'round. If anyone can whip an already scary team like the Rags into shape... it'll be that guy.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I love Torts, he knows how bring out the best of his players. Take Lecavalier for an example, when he first came into the league he was kind of a young punk, but Torts set him straight and now Vinny is one of the best players in the league. Should be interesting if the Rangers will change things around now.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Tomorrow night should be interesting, I'm really curious to see what he'll do.

Tort's left Tampa cause the new owners fired everyone to bring in their own people. Maybe they'll regret it.