Toronto Raptors

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Manager, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Manager

Manager New Member

So, I'm french and a Raptors fan, as Babe_Ruth.

Her dunk against Weis, I remenber spendid. As his 2000 slam dunk competition, the best.

So, I'm a big fan of CB4. In my opinion, it's the best power forwad in the NBA Ligue, whit the spanish Pua Gasol.

Bargnani, I like. The first pick in 2006 draft "has improve" thi season and his second season-part it's very good, with about 20 pts and 7 rbds. He make a good tendem with Chris, and I hope a lot, for this season.

I like also the point-guard Jose Calderon and his style, european. With 9 ast per game, he have make a good season.

For Hedo, I think that he can be important for raps. It's a good small-forward. And this post, was a weakness for Toronto last season. What's more, it's a clutch player, very important.

So, I hope really that CB4 resign for Raps the next summer, the fabulos summer 2010, whit a lot free-agents.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Chris Bosh is definitely top four power forwards in the league, but I wouldn't say he's the best. I'd give that to either Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan. I really loved how Bargnani showed improvement last season. A lot of people thought he was on his way to become a bust but he showed that he can play the center position really well in the NBA. He's a match up problem for a lot of players. Hopefully he works on his game this off-season and becomes even better next season. He still needs to improve a lot. But he still has lots of time. I'm a fan of Calderon, I believe he's a great point guard, he has pass first shoot second mentality which is great to have. The only negative thing I have to say about him is that his defense sucks. He's one of the worse defenders in the league. I agree with you that the addition of Hedo will fill a weakness that the Raptors had for the past few seasons, but I still believe that they paid to much for him and he's a bit overrated. I really love who Colangelo drafted this past June, I believe DeRozan as a chance to become an elite player in this league. He's very explosive and the Raptors have lacked that ever since Vince left. It should be an interesting season next year, hopefully they'll be able to make the playoffs.

3. Manager

Manager New Member

Demar Derozan is a good player. He is a explosive and athletic player. He has play a good Summer League with 3 gams with 20 points. Yet, he was a freshman in NCAA, so I think that his impact this year in NBA will be restricted. But for the next season, I hope a lot.

Besides, he is a good dunker, a slam dunker. It's so good for the ACC. With Pops Mensah-Bonsu, the monster dunker.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree, his game is very limited. His potential is through the roof, but he has a lot to learn and improve to become a good player in this league. He needs to add some muscle to his frame as well. But that will come in time. DeRozan as really impressed me in the Summer Leagues, he attacked the basket and shows signs to being a good defender at times. I think one of the reasons why he fell down all the way to nine is how he played during the regular season at USC. He didn't live up to potential, but I believe the reason for that is because the system Tim Floyd implemented(used) DeRozan's game is not meant for that type of system. He's more of a run and gun type of player and that's what the Raptors want to do. He also shown that he can be a clutch when games are important. He had great games during the tournament before March Madness, and he showed it again during the March Madness, which are great signs. I can't wait to see this guy take the court for the Raptors this upcoming season.