Toronto has agreement in place with Gherardini

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, May 27, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Globe and Mail - According to two separate sources, Maurizio Gherardini, the general manager of Benetton Treviso, Italy's top professional basketball club, has already agreed to join Bryan Colangelo's basketball front office in Toronto.

Gherardini will be the first European to hold a senior basketball position with an NBA club.

An official announcement could come as early as next week.

"It is a done deal," one Italian source with close ties to Gherardini said yesterday in an e-mail message.

"He's waiting [for] the end of the Italian season to make it official, but there's no doubt he's coming to

2. Midnight

Midnight Guest

I have confidence in Colangelo now. If he's bringing in supposedly the top guy in Europe, then it shows that the Raptors organization has made a turn.

Vince Carter, this makes me more hungry for the draft and the free agency period, im sure it does for you too. I hear better and better things everyday about the Raptors.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Like you will not believe I had no confidence in Babcock, especially after the dumb moves he made like the Rafeal Araujo pick and the crappy players he got for Vince Carter. But just hearing Colangelo in is press conference, it just makes me feel good because he knows what he's talking about, and just look at Phoenix right now what there doing, he made that happen, so I can't wait for the next couple of seasons.

4. RajaB

RajaB Guest

im happy that colangelo hired gherardi bekuz hes italian and we drafted bargnani which is also italian. Bargnani should be more comfortable bout being wit the raptors now