• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Toronto Brass Has High Praise For Bargnani

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Globe and Mail - Maurizio Gherardini, the new assistant general manager of the Toronto Raptors , knows Andrea Bargnani as well as anyone, as he was the GM of Benetton Treviso.

"What I can tell you is, first of all . . . he's much bigger than people think," Gherardini said on Monday. "He's a seven-footer with no shoes on. He's not 225 [pounds], he's 246 to 248 right now. He's got a great body. That's besides the talent. It's not by coincidence that he was voted the top young European basketball player this year.

"He started the season as a 15-minute player for us and he ended up playing 32, 34 minutes as a starter. We started the season with basically nothing to expect. We ended up winning the championship with Bargnani [being] very consistent."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41118/20060627/toronto_brass_has_high_praise_for_bargnani/

M

Midnight

Well the new assistant probably has the best word about him. I guess you know what that means Raptors' fans.

H

Hangtime15

I've seen this guy play and he looks good. I just wish Raps make a good pick.

M

McLaren

i guesssing that will be one of Chris Bosh's reason for resigning

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well Chris doesn't want Bargnani he wants LaMarcus Aldridge, he was trainning with Aldridge and was very impress during thier work outs, but I'm sure after a couple of games playing together, they'll get used to each other as well. Also I agree it really helps that we have the new Assistant manager, he can tell us a lot about Bargnani.

M

Midnight

I wonder if Chris Bosh would have been equally impressed if he worked out with Bargnani. Now that the Raptors have Nesterovich, Aldridge seem as big as a lock to me for the Raptors.