Toronto Blue Jays

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Now hopefully I'm not jinxing them because of this thread. But I had to do this.

I'm so proud of the Blue Jays right now, they are on a 10 game winning streak and there looking pretty good at making it 11 since Halladay will be pitching tonight.

They still have a long way to go to catch up to the Red Sox in the Wild Card, but there playing there four games this weekend, so if they sweep them, they can be even closer.

The Jays have one of the best starting rotation in the Major Leagues, same with there bullpen.
    They have one of the best 1-2 punches when it comes to pitchers in Halladay and Burnett

The offense is finally coming around after a slow start, they picked it up ever since Cito Gaston took over. Rios as been a extra base machine in recent weeks.

Hopefully they can maintain this, and I know it's almost impossible, but hopefully they can make the playoffs. But it's going to take a miracle for that to happen.

I just wanted to create this thread because I'm so happy with for right now.

2. padd

padd Registered Member

You know more about this than me man, but the AL East is the toughest division to climb up the standings. despite who wins the division, whether its Tampa or Boston, both of those teams are World Series worthy. Alot of people think the Rays will hang on being the younger team but I think Boston will be back on top and defend their title.

ha you might think I don't give a shit about baseball but I only follow it a little during late september and october.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The Jays don't have enough tools to get to the big stage just yet.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well there not out yet, but there's no way they'll make the playoffs. They give it a good push when there was 30 games left or so, but they started so badly that it killed any chances of them making the playoffs. Hopefully next year, with a full season of Cito, the Jays will give a better challenge to the likes of the Red Sox, Yankees, Rays, White Sox, Twins.