Top Xbox live games played for 2009

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Well I am actually surprised by the list.

I would have thought Gears of War 2 might have dethroned Halo 3 but apparently not.

Although MW2 was released fairly late in 2009 so the figures are slanted towards other games. But there has been a consistent patter that the most played Xbox live games are recent big* releases for a month or two and then Halo 3 reclaims the spot.

The Top 20 LIVE Games of 2009 - Xbox Live's Major Nelson

R1pperZ

Registered Member
Still? We should organize a burning...

Best 2009 live game should be Borderlands! Haven't played my Xbox for 6 hours straight since MW1 and Halo3 were released...

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm not surprised that borderlands isn't on there. Its one of those games where only a small niche of people enjoy it enough to play it continuously. Its also not surprising to see the cods and halos up there. On my friends list all I ever see is cod, halo or L4D. I'm surprised that l4d2 isn't on there but I guess it came out too late in the year. I'm sure it'll be in next years list.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Halo 3 still owning the list? hahahaha...when was the last time it was released? 07?

Still going strong.

That's why Halo is and always will be the best title that the XBOX has ever had.