Top Ten Modern Engineering Marvels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stoner, Apr 25, 2007.

?

Top Ten Modern Engineering Marvels

1. Hong Kong Airport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Guggenheim Bilbao

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Big Dig (Boston)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hoover Dam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. CN Tower

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Golden Gate Bridge

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Space Station

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Panama Canal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Empire States Building

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Eurotunnel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stoner

Stoner Guest

I was watching a show on the Science Channel a few weeks ago and they had the Top Ten Engineering Marvels. It was a great documentary. These are the 10 they listed.

Which of these is number 1?

The top three out of these in my opinion is the Big Dig, Panama Canal and the Eurotunnel.

I'd have to go with the Eurotunnel. That was one of the most difficult engineering feats ever.

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

I'd go with the CN Tower mostly because its the only one I've seen out of them all.

3. LS1nut

LS1nut Guest

The Twin Towers get my vote.

Even though they arent on the list.

4. I would have said the space station but unfortunately things haven't worked out to well with it and not much effort has been put into it either. I'll go with the CN tower, pretty amazing.

5. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

ISS. No matter what, the ability to lauch dozens of modules from various countries into space and get them to fit together via spacewalks in a dangerous enviroment to create a habitable place for humans in the harshest enviroment we've ever encountered...

Hands down.

6. Stoner

Stoner Guest

Oh, for what it's worth...the list is in order from #10 (Hong Kong Airport) all the way down to #1 (Eurotunnel).

7. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

I think the Panama Canal is a feat. I mean they had to make seperate changes for the change in elevation from crossing from the Atlantic to Pacific Ocean. And the workers had to build in deporable conditions and had to survive a heck of a lot of diseases!

Its a wonder they were able to deal with it especially with the limitation of resources they had. I think that is an awesome thing and a hell of a time saver for certain travelers!

8. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Hinata makes a good point. Hoover I think gets the nod in that regard as well. The Chunnel and the CN tower are impressive, but they certaintly had technology on their side.