• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Top Sport stories of 2010

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There were a lot of great and not so great sport stories in 2010. Which one do you believe was the "biggest" of 2010?

Now you might not like some of these, but you cannot deny them being on a short list. Again, you don't need to choose one that I've listed. Here's a few that I do believe belong.

-Tiger Woods scandal
-Saints win the Super Bowl
-Michael Vick dominated the NFL once again
-The Decision

Please try to give a reason behind your answer.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think Michael Vick just being a starter again is the biggest story. No one expected it, but as soon as Kolb went down and Vick almost brought the Eagles to a comeback victory over the Packers, you knew it was going to be something special.

Everything he's had to overcome to get back into the league and then he has just dominated almost every team he's played against this year.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
Hmm. Its a tough call for me to chose. I wanna say that the LeBroccle was the biggest story, but I live in Ohio and have to regularly deal with lots of Cleveland sports fans, so it seemed like the biggest story here.

Out of those four, though, I would probably say that the biggest one was Tiger Woods. It basically toppled one of the most notable athletes in sports, and it seemed like every time it started to die down, something else came up to revive the whole situation.

I would say another major sport story would be the Winter Olympics hockey from this year. That gold medal game managed to make tons of people who didn't really care about hockey into fans.

Also, another story that could be considered is pretty much all of Brett Favre this year, between him coming back, to his picture messages of his wang, to his consecutive start streak finally ending. I don't think there has been a week this year where Favre wasn't in the news for something.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I would have to say the Tiger Woods story was the most impactful sports story this year. It seemed like it only took just one night to turn his life upside down. Even though I don't condone what he did, he took the right approach and left almost all the intimate details out unlike other stories that we hear from other athletes. After this story broke he also stunk up the golf course.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
In the US, "The Decision" and the Tiger Woods deal were big, but not the TOP sports stories. I would go to say...

Brett Favre's streak ending...
The Vancouver Olympics...
Spain winning their first World Cup...
The massive College Football Conference realignment.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What was "The Decision?"

Some other big stories are:

Chicago Blackhawks ending their Stanley Cup drought
Butler reaching the NCAA Tournament final and nearly winning

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
"The Decision" was LeBron James announcing that he was taking his talents to South Beach.

For me, it has to be Tiger Woods. Nothing was talked more about this year. No one expected Tiger Woods to be a "sex addict" and cheat on his wife will all those women. Not only that was discussed, but his playing struggled this year, and they kept talking about that too.