• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Top Speed

FourBear

I haven't done any street biking but...I was wondering if people would mind sharing their top speeds? I bet it's a rush to go that fast!

chipinoh

Probably about 50 MPH or so, down a looooooonnnnnnng hill when I was a stupid kid. I was wearing one of those worthless leather helmets you used to see - thank goodness nothing happened.

FourBear

Leather helmets...I guess they just protect your head from road rash, right? ;) The one time I went full speed down a hill, I figure I was going 35 or 40 and almost hit my brother (who was still using training wheels at that time).

ACCER

Registered Member
According to a local cop, He clocked me at 40 (off a hill) in a 25 zone. He couldn't give me a ticket because our local laws aren't written for bikes. He said he told me because he figured that I didn't realise how fast I was going and would slow down.

He was wrong.

chipinoh

According to a local cop, He clocked me at 40 (off a hill) in a 25 zone. He couldn't give me a ticket because our local laws aren't written for bikes. He said he told me because he figured that I didn't realise how fast I was going and would slow down.

He was wrong.
LOL, how considerate of him to keep you informed! :lol: Good thing he didn't clock you again after that.

tater03

Registered Member
I have been flat out flying when I was a kid going down some hills in our area. Looking back it is a wonder that I didn't wipe out. That must have threw you to be clocked speeding by a cop?

ACCER

Registered Member
I live in a very small town. Nothing surprises me anymore. He clocked me because I got in the way while he was trying to tag speeders near a school zone.

ACCER

Registered Member
Chip,
He has. He has also talked to me about it at a baseball game last weekend. He asked me if I knew what would happen if I fell at that speed and hit my head. He said 'what do you think about dying like that?" My reply was "At least it will be quick!"

I know he's only trying to help....but sheesh....it's MY corpse!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya, I love to go fast!

I would say about 55 to 60 mph on my Mt Bike when I was in golden Colorado.
It was fast and fun but not as much fun as my big 57 inch longboard.

I got clocked by the cops at 56mph :-o They gave me a tick for exceeding the speed limit.

I didn't know they colud do that..But they can..Cost me 75 bucks but was way worth it.