• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Top Secret MI6 Camera Sold on eBay

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
This guy kind of got screwed. He bought a camera on eBay and when he got it he noticed it had top secret MI6 data on al-Qaeda terrorists among other things.

Top secret MI6 camera bought on eBay | Metro.co.uk

The bad part was that he turned it into the police in good faith and they then went into his house and confiscated his computer.

Sure they gave him money to buy a new one, but did he get his old hard drive back? I highly doubt it. The entire reason they took it in the first place was probably because they thought maybe he had made backups of the info.

I'd like to know if he got his data back. I'd be so annoyed if that happened to me.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Maybe they'll give him back the hard drive after deleting anything that shouldn't be on there. If not, that sucks.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hopefully. My guess is they probably just wiped it. Simply changing the file names would make it incredibly difficult to be sure he didn't store the secret data on his hard drive. The amount of time required to search his entire hard drive would be insane.

My guess is he lost whatever was on it.

Dali

Registered Member
Well you would of thought being an MI6 agent the guy should have had more sense, if M16 employ people like this then no wonder the country is fucked!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
That's pretty crazy. By the sounds of it though, the guy probably didn't have too man things on his computer that he couldn't just reinstall. He was older, and older people don't have tons of stuff on their computer. If so though, I hope he had backups of his huge mp3 colllections.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The fact that he's not dead is reward enough.

But yeah, some slight compensation should be in order since he's an innocent party in all this.