• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Top Gear

dDave

V.I.P.
Does anybody here watch Top Gear?

I watch the show just about every day, it's one of the only shows I watch nowadays (aside from Seinfeld of course).

What do you guys think of the show?

I think it's a great concept for a show and they've done it right in both the British and American versions of the show.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I don't think I am familiar with the American version, but I've been addicted to the British version for many years now. I love this show and the manner in which they "test-drive" vehicles. It's not only a car show, it's hysterically funny and I love all the guys.

dDave, do you guys get Top Gear Live or the MPH tour there in America? They come to SA every year (this year will be the fourth) in February. If you ever hear about it there, I would really recommend you go. It's amazing!

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't think I am familiar with the American version, but I've been addicted to the British version for many years now. I love this show and the manner in which they "test-drive" vehicles. It's not only a car show, it's hysterically funny and I love all the guys.

dDave, do you guys get Top Gear Live or the MPH tour there in America? They come to SA every year (this year will be the fourth) in February. If you ever hear about it there, I would really recommend you go. It's amazing!
The American show is new, but it's definitely the same style show as the British one, but the British one is definitely funnier. All of these guys are a bunch of "petrol-heads" if you get my meaning.

My favorite episodes are these

4-wheel drive expedition
Driving to the North pole (yeah they were the first to ever make it)
Amphibious cars 1 & 2

My favorite American episode was the one on Moonshiners it was just hilarious!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Oh ok, that's interesting. I will check out the American one when I get there then (eventually). :lol:

Amphibious cars 1 and 2 are on my fave list as well, as is the Hilux episode (that's what actually got me hooked on the show years ago). There was an episode where they were in America as well. That what hysterically funny and also one of my favorites.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
The American one is dry compared to UK, but still a very good show, you get some good laughs.

I worship Top Gear, it is probably the funniest show on earth. No show has ever given me so much laughs.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I love the British version of the show. I've seen all of the recent seasons and their skits are way better than the American version of the show. Stars in a reasonably priced car is kind of boring most of the time but the rest of the skits are usually hilarious. I love when they pick three cars and the producers put them through hell.

The stretch Panda is crazy but the MG is awesome.

dDave

V.I.P.
Ah yes I forgot about about the covnertible episode that definitely belongs on my favorites list.

The Alphaab
The stretch convertible
The oversized panda

The panda's turning radius is the state of Rhode Island by the time Jeremy is done with it. :lol:

Probably the coolest car I think they've ever had on the show was the one that they took to the North Pole.

You can't see it but there's exposed metal lining on the tires to make for better traction, most of what they had to drive over was completely ice, they spent days in a labyrinth of ice slowly chain sawing their way through.

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Remember when May drove that thing up to the volcano and it sat long enough for the tires to catch fire?

That is such an awesome truck.

dDave

V.I.P.
Remember when May drove that thing up to the volcano and it sat long enough for the tires to catch fire?

That is such an awesome truck.
Yeah he actually said that he drove the one that the crew drove (not the one that he and Jeremy drove). But that's pretty awesome that he could volcano proof a car, I mean he didn't really do much to it, just added some sheet metal over the top and a few other minor adjustments.

I wish I could have that type of Toyota, it's just awesome like that, I mean really you can take the thing anywhere if you make the proper modifications.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I love Top Gear! I've only ever watched the British one, I didn't even know there was an American one but I love the UK one. I personally have no interest in cars at all but I still love the show. It's just so well made, great filming and editing, it's often really artistic so in that sense it's a joy to watch, and the hosts are great. Even though I don't like cars I love the show haha.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Movies & TV 13
Elanor Movies & TV 49
Falconer Offbeat News 0
sunrise Movies & TV 0
MAgnum9987 Movies & TV 2