Movies Top Gear anyone?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by kiwi, Jun 23, 2008.

1. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

So we watched the first episode of the new season last night and they did a very informative clip on how to save money on fuel.

Does anyone else watch this? It really is a brilliant show and last nights episode was awesome.

If you watch it, what's your fav challenge they've ever done?

2. Aella

Aella Registered Member

I love it, the one when Jeremy drove the Buggati from Italy and the other two had to fly the same distance was great.
    Oh and the caravan holiday one was hilarious.

3. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Ah yes, the caravan holiday. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

The one where they had to buy English cars and put them through tests was also great. Oh and the trip across Africa was an awesome episode.

4. zero

zero Registered Member

Ahh topgear, got to love it, its on every sunday here so i always sit down and watch it no matter what,

but for sum reason they a bit stuffed up in new zealand, they started the new season a few months back, then we ended up watching eps from last years season,

the caravan holiday was bloody good,
    the trip across Usa was good, in there redneck cars with slags on them,
    i havnt seen the trip over africa just of yet, thats on this sunday, so not sure where im left at now lol.

I best one i eva seen is when Jeremy drove a Peel P50 to work, then into his work, and around the place. i got a youtube clip of it right here if u dont know the one im talking about.
    I really wont one of them cars now a Peel P50, i really do wont one lol.

Topgear Peel P50

i like how they always seem to take the piss out of how short richard is, and how slow james may is.

5. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

One of the best shows around! Sadly though I have a feeling the new American version will suck. Jeremy, James, and Richard have a great chemistry and are all entertaining. My favorite episode is the North Pole episode.

6. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Oddly enough i don't watch it, and i'm a mechanic o_O

Maybe i just find it technical enough; it all seems rather boy-racer-ish to me and i don't find that appealing.

7. marsupilami

marsupilami Registered Member

I heard them talking about that on Diggnation episode, I can't imagine Top Gear without the guys that present it! Just wouldnt be the same somehow.. Interested to know who'll be doing the american version though..

Love Top Gear, just find the whole thing quite hilarious :) One of my favourite moments was when Richard raced the Bugatti against the RAF jet, amazing!!!

8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Thanks for reminding me, I missed the first>watching it now on BBCi.

Best episodes for me include the North Pole or the one where they converted the cars into boats but my favourite of all time has to be the one where they try and kill the Toyota hilux.

YouTube - Top Gear: Killing a Toyota Part 2 (a)