Top Five Obama Lies of 2009

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

411mania.com: Politics - Top Five Obama Lies of 2009

I was bored this morning so I was reading this article, I decided to post it here just to see what you guys thought it.

Do you believe the author of this article makes valid points, or he has no clue what he's talking about?

This is a good way for me learn more about Obama and US Politics, so the more opinions we have the better.

2. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I can see some valid critisism especially 5,4,2 but to polish it off with the cigarettes taxes equals lying to the middleclass (therefore Obama is a traitor) sums up the aptitude of the author. Its a shame really as it distracts from the genuine concerns the author evidently has, or, perhaps he got carried away because he is in need of a smoke.

3. Hatton

Hatton Registered Member

Every item is grounded in truth, even if the presentation is biased.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Item 1 is laughable. It was clear he was talking about the federal taxes. Not an excise or sin tax. Sales taxes and property taxes are local and state issues not federal.

I think it is clear that he is bias and I wouldn't take the author very seriously because of his number 1 item.

BR if you want to find out more about American politics don't read blogs. Read books, periodicals, articles, or journals.

Anyone can create a blog.

Babe_Ruth and Tucker like this.
  5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Don't miss the debunking in the comments section.

Swiftstrike likes this.
  6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Number 1 is the only I take issue with, I think the rest of the criticisms are fairly valid.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

If those non-starters are his top five transgressions according to a frother like the author, I'm relieved -- and what's more, history should be kind.

8. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I don't know, I think some of those are pretty big. This is someone who ran on change and someone could very easily look at what has transpired and conclude he has been anything but change in the wrong direction.

9. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Maybe you're biased. :lol:

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I thought the closing of Guantanamo would of been in there.