Top 5 mid-fielders

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Alright me and a few friends took the cab to go to a bar last night, two of my friends that were with me are huge FOOTball fans, and one guy asked the taxi driver if he was one as well, he said yes. So they started to talk about the sport, and they were talking about who the top five mid-fielders are today.

I was just curious who you guys believe are the top five?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi for sure. Xavi, Andrés Iniesta, and Michael Essien are in my top 5 as well. It's hard to choose only five. That's the thing about football, there's so many great players.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

MJ, do you have an opinion on this? I'd be curious to hear who you and/or your friends thought were top 5.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Christiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi. Name says it all, no comment

Lothar Matthäus, this bloke was the best in his generation, I've seen videos of him and he is great.

Kaka - He is just unstoppable.

5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

If we are talking now then you can make a shout for Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Kaka, Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta and a few others. Perhaps Andrea Pirlo could be up there as could Gennaro Gattuso, Xabi Alonso and Esteban Cambiasso. It really is hard to say though because all the names mentioned bring something different to the table.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry, they mentioned two names Messi, Ronaldo and Kaka, but after that they kept arguying about certain players. They were talking so fast that I couldn't understand all the players names they mentioned. I'll ask them next time I see them and post their list here.

For me the top three are Messi, Kaka and Ronaldo have amazing skills, there almost complete players and when there on their game their hard to stop.

The scary thing is that Kaka and Ronaldo play on the same team.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  7. warding

warding New Member

I would consider Ronaldo and Messi as forwards. Wing-forwards, but still forwards.

Xavi, Diego, Gerrard, Fabregas, Kaka, though Kaka didn't play very well in his last year of AC Milan.

8. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

The best five midfielders on earth at the moment, in my opinion, are:

Lionel Messi
    Christiano Ronaldo
    Kaka
    Steven Gerrard
    Andres Iniesta

9. raem94

raem94 Registered Member

Agreed. They play much further up than most midfielders.

Gerrard would have to be in there, and so would Kaka, who is just world class. Xavi and Andres Iniesta are an amazing midfield partnership. Dunno if Makalele is still playing but he was a rock. Frank Lampard and Michael Essien are another good partnership. So many choices...

10. AH23

AH23 Registered Member

I consider Ronaldo and Messi to be forwards as they play as widemen or second strikers, and have left them out of my options.

Clear candidates are Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard, but I highly rate Michael Essien of Chelsea, Kaka of Real Madrid, Xavi and Iniesta of Barcelona, Marcos Senna of Villarreal, Daniele de Rossi of AS Roma and Diego of Juventus. A big shout also has to go to Miralem Pjanic of Lyon and Toni Kroos of Bayern who will become two of the world's greatest in due time.