Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nihilated, May 10, 2008.
To you, what are the top 5 personally fulfilling careers? Bottom 5?
Well since I can't decide what I wanna do for a living yet, I'm not gonna number these. they are in no specific order.
Graphic designer, professional photographer, interior designer, Filmmaker/director, somekind of psychprofession to help people...since I have personal experience
and I know this is six but...writter
AND my worst jobs I'd ever want?
Least fullfilling 1 being least.
2. ANY kind of science
3. 9-5 corprate corner office job
4. Fast Food joint forever
5. Video Game Tester (sounds good in theory but...)
2. News Reporter
1. Fast food place
2. Office job (doing that now)
3. Doctor/Nurse (weird that I wouldn't want to do this because my mum and sister are both nurses)
1. Videogame Developer
2. Movie Director/Producer
3. Software Developer
4. Special Effects Developer
(Those are my top 5. I doubt many people would find fulfillment in some of them though but I would.)
And MissBliss I don't think office jobs are that bad. My favorite jobs were office jobs. It really just depends on the people you work with I guess.
I think I based it on the fact I've been in the same job for 4 years and I don't get enjoyment from it anymore. I'd like to try something new.
1. Anything Music
I want to be my own boss
1. Office job (a suit and tie that bleeds the street and still wants more)
2. ER Surgeon (Lives depend on your professionalism, what if your a noob? :spin: )
3. Judge (just cause)
4. Dentist (I dont like people with bad oral hygiene)
5. Taxi driver (sit on your ass all day, hell no not me)
After these courses though I want to try to get into Berklee :nod:
Top 5 jobs:
Parenthood - the "job" doesn't give me a monthly paycheck but it certainly is most fulfilling :nod:
Travel journalist - perks of the travel and discovery of places and the pleasure of telling people about it
Opera singer - singing the music accompanied by great musicians...natural high!
Diplomat - if I have to do my studies again, I would pick foreign relations studies and be a kick ass international diplomat.
HR consultant (if company is great) - I really loved this job even if I seem to have a split personality representing management to employees and vice-versa.
Bottom 5 jobs:
Suicide bomber - no pay, no advancement opportunity; and while you think that your purpose is honorable, you'll just be remembered as another terrorist who killed xxxx people.
Executioner - as in death row; Technically, you killed the prisoner however legal it is to do so by state laws, judge's decision or warden's order. This job will give me nightmares.
Restroom maintenance person - you literally clean off someone's shit for a living.
Mortician - I loved the series Six Feet Under but I still
wouldn't want this for a job.
Defense lawyers - not all clients are innocent and the idea of success based on an ability to defend a guilty scumbag sucks.
1. Movie Director
2. CEO of a company
4. Website Designer
5. Music Producer
Doctor, Architect, Journalist, Artist, Researcher.
1. Professional Bassoonist. Heck yes!
2. Bassoon Teacher
3. Music Teacher of some kind
4. Some kind of science that doesn't require too much math. >_> (it would be something to do with Meteorology or Astronomy, of which I have already decided I'm not doing due to the math involved.)
5. Graphic Designer, I guess.
1. Anything business/office related. That would just feel like a huge waste of my life, no matters how much money I was making.
2. Programmer - A lot of people want to be video game programmers. But for me, I hate programming. It's frustrating and it makes no sense to me. XD
3. Anything to do with math. Even being a math teacher would drive me insane.
*can't think of anymore*
Separate names with a comma.