Top 5 fulfilling careers??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nihilated, May 10, 2008.

1. nihilated

nihilated Registered Member

To you, what are the top 5 personally fulfilling careers? Bottom 5?

2. Lithium

Lithium Registered Member

Well since I can't decide what I wanna do for a living yet, I'm not gonna number these. they are in no specific order.

Graphic designer, professional photographer, interior designer, Filmmaker/director, somekind of psychprofession to help people...since I have personal experience
    and I know this is six but...writter

AND my worst jobs I'd ever want?
    Least fullfilling 1 being least.

1. Mathmetician.
    2. ANY kind of science
    3. 9-5 corprate corner office job
    4. Fast Food joint forever
    5. Video Game Tester (sounds good in theory but...)

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Top 5:

1. Councellor
    2. News Reporter
    3. Teacher
    4. Actress
    5. Vet

Bottom 5:

1. Fast food place
    2. Office job (doing that now)
    3. Doctor/Nurse (weird that I wouldn't want to do this because my mum and sister are both nurses)
    4. Shopkeeper
    5. Baker

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

1. Videogame Developer
    2. Movie Director/Producer
    3. Software Developer
    4. Special Effects Developer
    5. Actor

(Those are my top 5. I doubt many people would find fulfillment in some of them though but I would.)

And MissBliss I don't think office jobs are that bad. My favorite jobs were office jobs. It really just depends on the people you work with I guess.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I think I based it on the fact I've been in the same job for 4 years and I don't get enjoyment from it anymore. I'd like to try something new.

6. SiroV

SiroV Registered Member

1. Anything Music
    2. Self-employed
    3. Self-employed
    4. Self-employed
    5. Self-employed

I want to be my own boss :p

1. Office job (a suit and tie that bleeds the street and still wants more) :p
    2. ER Surgeon (Lives depend on your professionalism, what if your a noob? :spin: )
    3. Judge (just cause)
    4. Dentist (I dont like people with bad oral hygiene)
    5. Taxi driver (sit on your ass all day, hell no not me)

After these courses though I want to try to get into Berklee :nod:

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Top 5 jobs:
    • Parenthood - the "job" doesn't give me a monthly paycheck but it certainly is most fulfilling :nod:
    • Travel journalist - perks of the travel and discovery of places and the pleasure of telling people about it
    • Opera singer - singing the music accompanied by great musicians...natural high! :)
    • Diplomat - if I have to do my studies again, I would pick foreign relations studies and be a kick ass international diplomat.
    • HR consultant (if company is great) - I really loved this job even if I seem to have a split personality representing management to employees and vice-versa.
    Bottom 5 jobs:

• Suicide bomber - no pay, no advancement opportunity; and while you think that your purpose is honorable, you'll just be remembered as another terrorist who killed xxxx people.
    • Executioner - as in death row; Technically, you killed the prisoner however legal it is to do so by state laws, judge's decision or warden's order. This job will give me nightmares.
    • Restroom maintenance person - you literally clean off someone's shit for a living.
    • Mortician - I loved the series Six Feet Under but I still
      wouldn't want this for a job.
    • Defense lawyers - not all clients are innocent and the idea of success based on an ability to defend a guilty scumbag sucks.

kiwi likes this.
  8. LuK3

LuK3 Registered Member

1. Movie Director
    2. CEO of a company
    3. Actor
    4. Website Designer
    5. Music Producer

9. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Doctor, Architect, Journalist, Artist, Researcher.

10. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Top:
    1. Professional Bassoonist. Heck yes!
    2. Bassoon Teacher
    3. Music Teacher of some kind
    4. Some kind of science that doesn't require too much math. >_> (it would be something to do with Meteorology or Astronomy, of which I have already decided I'm not doing due to the math involved.)
    5. Graphic Designer, I guess.

Bottom:
    1. Anything business/office related. That would just feel like a huge waste of my life, no matters how much money I was making.
    2. Programmer - A lot of people want to be video game programmers. But for me, I hate programming. It's frustrating and it makes no sense to me. XD
    3. Anything to do with math. Even being a math teacher would drive me insane.
    *can't think of anymore*