• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Top 10 Worst Cities In The U.S.

Dabs

Registered Member
Do you live in one??
According to the latest statistics......the top 10 most dangerous cities to live in are:
1. St. Louis, Missouri
2. Camden, New Jersey
3. Detroit, Michigan
4. Flint, Michigan
5. Oakland, California
6. Richmond, California
7. Cleveland, Ohio
8. Compton, California
9. Gary, Indiana
10. Birmingham, Alabama

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Millz and I both live in #1.

This list is flawed at best; we have a lot of crime but (unfortunately) the high stats are based on certain bad areas that are very localized. Our city has a lot of bad racial disparity and poverty.

I can't remember why, but I remember hearing that the list is flawed for a specific reason.

Dabs

Registered Member
Millz and I both live in #1.

This list is flawed at best; we have a lot of crime but (unfortunately) the high stats are based on certain bad areas that are very localized. Our city has a lot of bad racial disparity and poverty.

I can't remember why, but I remember hearing that the list is flawed for a specific reason.

I read that last year, Camden held the number one spot.
I used to live in Missouri, a small town not far from St. Louis...it was called Perryville.
And I have a family member that lives right next to St. Louis, only on the Illinois side...in Alton.
Seems like Miami would have made the list....but what do I know ~LoL~

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Used to drive through Perryville all the time. I went to school in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

Anyway, #1 again huh? It's kinda funny though because downtown where I go to work I feel really safe and the neighborhood I live in is pretty much crime free. Does help there's a police station right there but who's counting.

St Louis is really broken up though. North County and East County have crime whereas South County and West County are perfect places to live.

Impact

V.I.P.
Being a foreigner, the only ones i've ever really heard of being dangerous are Compton and Detroit, and that's probably because of rap songs. But i'll remember to be extra careful of those places when I visit the states.

Dabs

Registered Member
Used to drive through Perryville all the time. I went to school in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.

Anyway, #1 again huh? It's kinda funny though because downtown where I go to work I feel really safe and the neighborhood I live in is pretty much crime free. Does help there's a police station right there but who's counting.

St Louis is really broken up though. North County and East County have crime whereas South County and West County are perfect places to live.

Wow, small world Millz!
I liked Cape Girardeau....it wasn't far from Perryville, and in fact, I spent a few days in the hospital in Cape Girardeau.
I also went in the opposite direction of CG......to a small town...something like....Saint Mary's....some town with Mary in it...anyway, they had this big nice antique mall...I loved it there, I went every weekend :)
But I've never really spent much time in St. Louis~

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
No I don't live in either of those cities, but I am surprised the Compon and Oakland aren't #1 and #2. Those cities have the most gangs I believe.

Dabs

Registered Member
I lived in Chicago when I was smaller....I hear a lot about that town...wonder why it didn't make the list??
And New York..the Bronx area, I heard it's pretty rough there~

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Flint is part of my sales territory, Detroit was in my previous territory. I can assure they are both terrible. Downtown Detroit isn't too bad as long as you stay in bounds. Only the very downtown of Flint is OK. Otherwise both are dangerous shitholes. I can't imagine any sane person ever going to vacation or visit either.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
St Louis is #1 dangerous specifically because Millz and Unity live there.

The only place I've been from that list is Oakland and yes, in less than a day, my friends and I (not really me coz I knew from the start it was better to not look at anyone) have been verbally attacked and almost pushed to have a catfight, hahaha.