Top 10 Surreal Moments

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

411mania.com: Wrestling - The Contentious Ten 06.28.10: Top 10 Surreal Moments

I post these from time to time and I like the new addition.

I agree with most of them, some of these moments will stick with me forever. If you haven't seen number ten I suggest you to do so, if you haven't seen it in a while I suggest you to watch it. It's simply amazing.

Their number one selection was spot on, I remember watching that moment and it gave me chills. I never expected them to face each other, but what was so amazing was half of the chants went to Hogan and the other to The Rock.

A lot of these moments were huge shockers as well, Bischoff named the General Manager of Raw, Hogan joining NWO was jaw dropping. I remember the Super Plex to Big Show from Brock Lesnar, great way to end the show. Hogan slamming Andre the Giant is one that will live with the WWE forever.

Then you have Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart burrying the hatchet, another thing that you'd never imagine seeing. But glad it did.

The Mankind going through the cell was out of this world, he took a major bump just a few minutes before.

The only one that I didn't really appreciate when it happened was when Eddie Guerrero won the title. But looking back now I do appreciate it more.

Thoughts?

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

The list of truly surreal moments that made me momentarily question reality would include:

Mae gives birth to a slimy hand

Paul Wight surfs his dad's coffin (funny, but sooo morbid)

Cena says he's in love with Vickie

Trips quits WWF after a snakebite

Arquette takes WCW gold

Russo takes WCW gold

Tank Abbott takes WCW gold

Kitty springs the puppies

3. Babe_Ruth

That was simply creepy and I couldn't believe that the WWE did that whole angle. One of the worst angles in the history of the WWF

Don't know what the WWE was thinking with that one

You talking about the work against Steve Austin where he comes out with fake snake bites scars on his face, then tells Austin he quits. Then attacks him afterwards and takes the fake scars off his face?

Remember watching this live actually, couldn't believe my eyes. Definitely one of the dumbest things ever in professional wresting.

Proved that he's an egomaniac and bad for the business.

Tank who ;) gawd he was so boring to watch.

I remember watching that live as well, pretty surprising to say the least. I rathered of seen BB do that instead of Miss Kitty in that match.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

That's the one, BR. And I have a confession that I've been carrying around for 11 years: I thought it was 100% shoot and I sat there all pale and shocked, lolol. *hides face in shame*

Oh yeah, Barbara Bush, haha. I can see why you might say that, considering that she was only on TV for two comically oversized reasons. Seriously, did she even speak one line?

I don't think she would ever have flashed, though, since she was hooked up with World's Biggest Asshole Bob Holly. Jerry Lawler, Kitty's fiance at the time, seems like much more of an easygoing guy (and might have even been the one to talk Stacy into the bit).

5. Babe_Ruth

Don't worry buddy, I thought it was real when Hogan pushed The Giant off the top of the building into the river. That's when they had both of their monster trucks up there. I was worried all night and till I saw him on Nitro the next night.

I don't think so, I know she was a trained professional paramedic :lol:

Wow! I didn't even know she was hooked up with that douche bag. Yeah I totally agree with your thoughts on The King, I don't think it bothered him that much. Still can't believe they hooked up with each other, but that's a discussion for another day lol.

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

One I think of with this list was McMahon's Limo exploding...too bad that it didn't go into a good storyline, but I remember watching that happen and just having my jaw drop to the floor.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Yeah, but how old were you? I was 26 when they did the rattlesnake thing. :facepalm:

Worse yet, they were married, which tells you something about her brains.

We should do that thread sometime! I followed kinglawler.com pretty closely back in those days and got a fair sense of Jerry's personal feelings throughout their marriage and Carter's affair with indy worker Mike Howell.

8. Babe_Ruth

It was at Halloween Havoc in 1995, so I was 11 years old at the time.

At least you're not this guy

YouTube - It's Still Real To Me Dammit

I can imagine it didn't last all that long, speaking of weird couples. How about David Flair with Stacey Keibler back in WCW....:shake:

I would be down for it, I might start one over the weekend, gives you a bit of time to remember all that stuff. I would be interested to hear the stories that's for sure.

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Pretty surprised at the number one spot to be honest, still it was a pretty nice list :)

There were obviously going to be some moments that he missed, overall though...well done :)