• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Top 10 players in the NHL today?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
We've never had a discussion on the best players currently playing in the nhl. Name me your top 10 players.

Sabby

Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
John Tavares
Alexander Ovechkin
Joe Thornton
Patrick Kane
Pavel Datzyuk
Tuuka Rask
Alex Pietrangelo
Phil Kessel

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crosby
Tavaras
Stamkos
Toews
Ovechkin
Kane
Datsyuk
Kessel
Thorton
King Henrik

I could change my mind so many times, but that's pretty much how I would rank them.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Sidney Crosby
John Tavares
Steven Stamkos
Alex Oveckin
Jonathan Toews
Pavel Datsyuk
Patrick Kane
Evgeni Malkin
Corey Perry
Phil Kessel

Where's Malkin guys?

Konshentz

Konshentz
My list could change every time I made it, but I'll go with this...

Sidney Crosby
Steven Stamkos
Alex Ovechkin
John Tavares
Jonathan Toews
Joe Thornton
Pavel Datsyuk
Patrick Kane
Evgeni Malkin
Erik Karlsson

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Malkin is at least top 5. Watches two Penguins games this week. Jesus he is good... Must be fully healthy again.

Crosby
Stamkos
Malkin
Tavares
Toews
P. Kane
Ovechkin
Datsyuk
D. Keith
Kessel
Thornton (honourable 11th)

StroShow

V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
Malkin is at least top 5. Watches two Penguins games this week. Jesus he is good... Must be fully healthy again.

Crosby
Stamkos
Malkin
Tavares
Toews
P. Kane
Ovechkin
Datsyuk
D. Keith
Kessel
Thornton (honourable 11th)
Is it me or as the years go by fans seem to think Joe Thornton slow down as he's never mentioned in the "elite" group like he used too, but if you actually look at his stats he's still on par with his career totals.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Thornton is a great talent. Amazing vision... but if I had to pick a guy to go out there and score a goal, it won't be him. It's probably one of the reasons he is not going to Sochi... The fact that pretty much all of us have him on our list speaks volumes about his talent. I was actually going to tie Kessel and Thornton at 10 ;)

StroShow

V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
Thornton is a great talent. Amazing vision... but if I had to pick a guy to go out there and score a goal, it won't be him. It's probably one of the reasons he is not going to Sochi... The fact that pretty much all of us have him on our list speaks volumes about his talent. I was actually going to tie Kessel and Thornton at 10 ;)
He might not have a scoring touch but he can set one up with the best of them..I don't see the difference.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Part of it is still my bias of Thornton being a softy... playing against Koviu and getting pushed around by Koivu. Then trying to hide behind a injury... to only find out Koivu was playing with a cracked rib. Best thing that ever happened to the Bruins... getting rid of Big Joe. (I know, I know - Joe had torn cartilage) He also played soft against Koivu the year the Habs took them out of the playoffs after Koivu came back from Cancer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StroShow Baseball 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 4
Babe_Ruth Baseball 0
StroShow NBA 8
Babe_Ruth NFL 1