Top 10 Greatest Villains

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

The got Dr. Doom, Osborn, The Joker, Luthor, Kraven, and Sinestro?

Yeah they did a pretty good job with a top 10 list for once.

I'm not extremely familiar with Kraven and Sinestro but from what I've seen they seem pretty awesome.

Never heard of Galactus or Apocalypse though, but I guess that's to be expected, theres tons of comics out there, most people haven't read them all.

3. PonderCloud

PonderCloud Registered Member

Really? They feature relatively often for Big Bads. Especially in X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

4. Thricemice

Thricemice New Member

That is strange. I thought Galactus was a well known villain. He was in the Fantastic 4 movie Rise of the Silver Surfer.

No big deal or anything, just weird.

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

You aren't familiar with the Devourer of Worlds or the entire Age of Apocalypse story line? I'm afraid you'll have to take Comics 201 again next year if you want to graduate from Nerd University... :shake:

These 2 guys are pretty iconic villains from Marvel (although it's argued that Galactus isn't actually a villain, but a force of nature). These are the types of bad guys that have stories that involve almost the entire Marvel universe, and they both have several appearances. You've heard of the Silver Surfer, right? He was Galactus' herald.

Apocalypse has had many heroes (not to mention several villains) become his horsemen for a while - Wolverine, Angel/Archangel, and Hulk, plus Gambit and Sunfire currently are starting to break free.

EDIT - 4000th post!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
    Babe_Ruth likes this.
  6. SithZombree

SithZombree Registered Member

I don't consider Magento to be a "villian." He is simply making the world a better place for mutants :D So what he favors genocide. But if he HAD to be placed in the villian, he'd be in the top 3.

My list:
    3. Mister Sinister (Nathiel Essex)
    2. Magneto (Erik Lehnsherr)
    1. Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur)

7. Merricles

Merricles Registered Member

Don't agree with Kraven at all. He really isn't even a top 20 for me. Other than that, I can see the rest being top ten. I wouldn't put Magneto at one though.

10) Doomsday - He KILLED Superman. He comes back, time and time over. He has never really recovered his badassness since the DoSM but still one of the most recognizable and historic villians.

9) Sinetsro - Once considered the greatest of all the Green Lanterns. He has a long and painful history, and in my opinion is barely in the villian catagory. More of a hero with a different way.

8) Norman Osborn - This guy has done it all. Hero, villian, the people love him and they hate him. Much like Doomsday without Superman though, this guy would mean nothing without Spidey.

7) Apocalypse - A mutant with advanced alien tech and the ability to travel through time unchecked. Unlike DC, marvel doesn't really have it's 'anti-time travel' task force. They come and go as they wish. When it comes to power, few mutants have a place equal to him.

6) Galactus - Not really a villian. The galaxy needs Galactus to continue. An ultimate power in Marvel, not much can stand in his way. In years, he has been beaten far too much by far too weak of characters.

5) Cyborg Superman - Of as much threat to the GL Corps as Sinestro. This guy killed millions on earth while posing as one of the greatest heroes of all time. Practically immortal, smart and cold as ice.

4) Doctor Doom - Super smart, knows magic, travels time and has enough tech to rival Stark. 'Nuff said.

3) Lex Luthor - Rich, evil and able to play people like they are a PS3. Oh, and he was President.

2) Magneto - No one mutant has had such an impact on the world as Erik. Once he shared the dream of Xavier, but saw a world that hated him and his kind. Not really a villian to me, but more like a man with no other choice. I think he is even a member of the X-Men now.

1) Joker - This guy defines insanity. Smarter than anyone gives him credit for. If it weren't for Batman, there would be no need for a guy like the Joker. People know he's crazy, and still they follow him. Some even love him.