Movies Top 10 Batman Villain Actors

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Top two spots were obvious and definitely correct. A few I have no idea who they are and I believe Murphy and Carrey should swap spots. But that's just me.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I don't think Murphy is as good as he's made out to be but I generally agree with that list.

He got the order for the jokers 100% right.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

THIS.

Eckhart's performance is so underrated. I understand it to some extent, given how amazing Ledger was - he kind of got overshadowed. But as the author pointed out, Eckhart had to play a selfless hero and a ruthless villain, and the two characters had to still come across as being the same person.

And anyone who says that Ledger only one because he died probably hasn't even seen the movie.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

A lot of people don't believe that Eckhart belongs there because he hardly portrayed Two-Face in the movie, but I disagree with them. He had an amazing performance in the movie. What are your thoughts on people that say that Wade?

I can't stand people who keep saying that Ledger only won the Oscar because he died, or he was overrated in the movie. People are entitled to their own opinion, but I don't agree with people who say his performance was just mediocre.

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I could not agree more, I thought Ledger's performance was incredible. He deserved to win because he was great in it, not because he died.

I liked this list, I can't really argue anything against it.

7. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

He was Two-Face for a decent amount of the movie. And so what? He was Dent in the rest of the movie. Both parts were important for the movie, and both were well acted. Even if you want to argue that his time as a hero shouldn't count for Top Villains lists, there's still the fact that it established his motivation, contrasted his later behavior, etc.

8. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Yeah I'm pretty much ok with this list. Eckhearts performance was outstanding and he totally deserves to be on there!!!

9. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I think the thing I liked about Eckhearts performance the most was how he was able to present this "whiter than white" image but there was always that sense of darkness inside him. Even before his scarring there are scenes that imply his ruthlessness, for example the coin toss in the alley way scene and how he already had a reputation for being Two Faced. He was such a well fleshed out character that his descent into darkness didn't seem artificial unlike some other efforts... I'm looking at you Anakin Skywalker.

CaptainObvious likes this.
  10. Unity

Unity Dragon Clan Staff Member

I think Jack Nicholson belongs in the #2 spot...and while Eckhart was good, I don't know if he should be at 2 just because he was in The Dark Knight.

BR, you really think Arnold's Freeze belongs anywhere near this list? He was terrible.

Personally, I really enjoyed Murphy's portrayal of the Scarecrow. I thought he deserved a higher spot.

Interesting list, though!