Top 10 Baseball Fights

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Hoosier_Daddy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

These are classic! I especially like the one where Nolan Ryan kicks Robin Ventura's ass!

Fights

Hoosier.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Thanks for showing those Hoosier/ Those bad boys were some classics for sure. My favorite though as to be the guy from Pawtuckett. It's so funny when he backicked that cather. I still laugh today and it happened a few years back.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

That Ventura one always makes me laugh. However, the recent (2004) fight between the sox and yanks was a good one.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yea the one one involving Alex Rodriguez and Jason Viratek. That was a great one, a 200 million dollar man punching a catcher with still is cage on, pretty funny. That's why everytime they play each other it's a classic game.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

A-Rod is such a dick though, he got all riled up because Bronson Arroyo, who was one of the league leaders (if not THE leader) in hit batsmen, hit him with a wild pitch. Then Varitek tries to calm him down and the million dollar man eggs him on, so he got what he deserved, a beatdown.

6. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

I recall baseball in its more pure sense, when sports was respectable and such fights in baseball were not admired but condemned... players respected the diamond and respected the game. They played for things like record, fans, and love of the game, not $.

Now fans are like Romans at the Collusium; chanting for blood, and its players its gladiators. Fans care not for home runs but pitchers fighting batters. Sad. I use to watch every game; now I go fishing. Sad.

7. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I'm not sure how old you are or what era you're referring to, but in the 70's, fights we more prevalent then they are today. And they were just as much cheered on then as they are today. Here you can see that Hall of Famers from the 60's were involved in fights. That's Juan Marichal, John Rosboro, and Sandy Koufax in the image below.

[​IMG]

Hoosier.

8. Cowboy Up

Cowboy Up Guest

The best part of that one is that he kicks him, then runs out, then has no idea what to do next, and just spins in a circle.

I like the Mo Vaughn one the best. Aaron Sele looks ready to go, then sees Vaughn coming and bails, then Vaughn crushes George Bell.