• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Toothbrushes in Schools

Danno

Registered Member
I'm not suggesting a trade, but wouldn't it be a good idea to provide a toothbrush and a small tube of toothpase for each child at infants / juniors to use after lunch?
It couldn't cost that much (with sponsorship by toothpaste companies?). It might even be cost effective, making sure some kids brush them at least once a day and most others get an extra brushing after food leading to a reduction in dentist visits

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Most kids don't appreciate dental hygiene, and even if they were given these toothbrushes and toothpaste, wouldn't use them, throw them away, etc. Maybe make them available if wanted? I don't know. Just seems like it would be a lot of waste to me.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't think that's a good idea.
The hygiene in schools or in any public restroom is not optimal and I think every child should keep the toothbrush and the toothpaste in their bag.
Providing these things at school doesn't mean kids will actually brush their teeth more. They might as well ignore it.