Toonami Ends

Vegito728

Registered Member
For the people who don't know Toonami ended last weekend.

I started watching Toonami back when it first aired in 1997. So it sucks to see it go. I didn't much care for the new Toonami but I remember the good ol days with DBZ, Kenshin, Gundam wing and a whole bunch of other great anime.

And for the people who missed the ending:YouTube - Toonami Ending

I love how they referenced Cowboy Bebop at the end with "Bang".

Last edited:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Wow, that sounded like Spike too.

Toonami ended for us UKers ages ago, the name changed to CN Too and stopped showing anime (but pokemon) altogether.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Wow, that sounded like Spike too.

Toonami ended for us UKers ages ago, the name changed to CN Too and stopped showing anime (but pokemon) altogether.
Of course it did. Steve Blum voiced Tom(toonami host) for all 11 years and he's the one who voiced Spike in Bebop. He's a good va.

Zachary

,,l,, //_- ,,l,,
omg noo now who play all them anime shows that grew on me, and whats replacing it? hopefully adult swim adopts its time and shows.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Toonami sucked after year one. I'm glad to see it gone. Viva Adult Swim!

Toonami got gay after DBZ played the majin buu episodes for the first time. Think it was like 2003 ish i dont know...

Kanji

Registered Member
I heard about this on a podcast recently.
I have fond memories of watching toonami when I first started getting into anime back when they where showing tenchi muyo and the like.
It kinda sucks to see it go but the last time I watched toonami it was hardly anything like what it was when I started watching it so its not a huge deal for me.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
Toonami ended for me the second they took the original host off. "Thom is dead" and you see his hand coming out of the plasma or whatever the hell that was. That was the end. What you just saw was the corpse of Toonami finally decaying completley.