Toomer to Kansas City

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Rotoworld.com

Solid pickup for KC...good idea to bring in a veteran to be around a young club.

Chiefs signed WR Amani Toomer to a one-year contract, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Toomer is 35 soon and coming off one of the least productive seasons (48/580/4) of his career. He's purely a possession receiver at this point, but will push Mark Bradley and Devard Darling hard for snaps at flanker. Due to Bradley's injury proneness and Darling's ineptness as a pass catcher, we wouldn't rule out Toomer starting in coach Todd Haley's pass-heavy offense.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nothing special to be honest, he's an average wide receiver at this point of his career, but he does bring leadership. He should help tutor the young wide receivers on this team.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
He does seem like a nice guy to have around for the young guy in Bowe and a first time starter in Cassel. Those veterans are more important then people think.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah, I agree, Millz. The thing is his main contribution will be in the locker room. Every team needs veteran leadership type guys to keep the younger guys in line. I think Toomer is one of those guys.