• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Too soon, or hilarious?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Neither, just tasteless and kind of weak. The same goes for the anti-Obama joke arising from a play on words with Jobs' last name. Some people have no respect.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I was feeling inappropriate too last night. I asked my friend the same thing: is it too soon to make jokes related to a newly dead person? My FB feed has been getting several links about him and tributes and even change of avatars. Understandably, he was a great man. But when people started posting "iPhone 4S = For Steve" I wanted to reply with "does that make iPhone 4G = For Gates?" but you know...it'll kill their tribute so I didn't post it. :lol:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I think it's too soon. But that's because I had personal respect for Steve Jobs. If it was any other rich famous person who died I probably wouldn't care.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I had never heard of him. When Jeanie told me he died I had to ask who he was.

Oh and I told my boyfriend "The Apple Man has died" and he said there's no such thing. When he realised who I meant he was gutted.
I can understand why it's a big deal to many people.
------
Oh and to answer the question, I think it's always too soon. It's never funny to make jokes about people who have passed away. I've always found it to be sick.

Still heart you, Kaz.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
It's never funny to make jokes about people who have passed away. I've always found it to be sick.
This.

Humor that is based on just being Edgy and Controversial is not funny in my opinion.

but my opinion is my opinion... Im sure there are plenty out there who disagree.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I completely agree, regardless of who the person is or was.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Oh and to answer the question, I think it's always too soon. It's never funny to make jokes about people who have passed away. I've always found it to be sick.
Also this, strangely I find it wrong to make jokes when someone has passed away...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Health & Fitness 0
Wade8813 Bathroom Wall 16
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 20
Mirage Music 24
AngelsPeak Politics & Law 27