• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Too old to have kids?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I came across this article about a 65 year old woman now pregnant with quadruplets. I don't know about the rest of you but I think she is too old to be having more kids. I don't care if she is in good health for her age there comes a time you need to realize you shouldn't be having kids even if modern medicine can help you do that. She already has 13 kids but even if she had none she is just too old to be doing this.

German woman pregnant with quadruplets — at 65: reports

Thoughts?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
With modern medicine and technology, I don't think it's taboo to have kids after 40 anymore. I just can't think over 45ish is a good idea. First of all there are medical concerns, but mostly, you have to consider whether you have enough time to raise your child.

Sure, you parents can die unexpectedly any time, but how much of your kids life will you enjoy if you're 65 by the time they reach 20? Will you live long enough to see them get married, meet their children? Maybe I sound selfish, but people should just consider that too.

This lady in my opinion is far too old, and what will happen is that someone else will have to raise these kids.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think when you become 45ish you need to think twice about doing something like this. Think of the child and not what you want.

The 65 year old in the article said she is doing it because her youngest daughter wants a little brother or sister. I don't think that is a good reason to do this especially at her age.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
The 65 year old in the article said she is doing it because her youngest daughter wants a little brother or sister. I don't think that is a good reason to do this especially at her age.
Well, her youngest daughter is going to have to raise them eventually, so I hope she is happy to get what she wanted. Honestly, that's just ridiculous.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Somewhere there's a chart in there pitting "drastic action" against "depth of reason" and a diagonal line above which the action becomes acceptable and below which it becomes unacceptable. Clearly, this person would fall WAY below that line, as that reason is way too weak to justify such a drastic life decision of this nature.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Somewhere there's a chart in there pitting "drastic action" against "depth of reason" and a diagonal line above which the action becomes acceptable and below which it becomes unacceptable. Clearly, this person would fall WAY below that line, as that reason is way too weak to justify such a drastic life decision of this nature.
Men and women that age should be thinking of retirement not starting a family. People like this don't think things through. The kid gets out of diapers in time for the parents to start wearing them.