Too Early For Christmas Ads & Music?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by Mirage, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

When is it too early for Christmas ads and music to start showing up?

Here we are in the middle of October and I've already seen several ads with Christmas trees in them. I haven't heard any music yet but I'm sure that's on the way.

I know for a fact that we'll be seeing it full force come November 1st but it always surprises me to see Santa coming earlier and earlier each year. :lol:

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

One thing is for sure - it's too early for a christmas thread. :lol:

But yeah, I know a LOT of people that get annoyed when they see the ads and hear the music in shops whilst it's still mid-Oct. I can't decide whether it bugs me or not. I mean, I don't really care to be honest. I like Christmas but I guess if you start hearing about it months beforehand, when the actual date comes around you're already getting kinda bored of it.

My friend works at a supermarket that already started playing Christmas music. It's driving her insane. :)

I'd say November is fine for xmasy stuff.

3. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

Well, right now is waaaaaay too early

I went into a store yesterday and they were already selling those little fake christmas trees.

I dont even want to start THINKING about Christmas until December 1st

4. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I don't think it's ever too early for the Christmas season!

Although, I'm a big nerd and like seeing all that stuff... so.. :dunno:

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

People are just starting to gear up for Halloween, much less Thanksgiving, much less Christmas. It's too soon.

I don't have a problem with hearing a random Christmas song any time during the year, but I don't want to get inundated with it for more than about a month.

6. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I really don't think its too early, but since October is still here it's just a reminder that the BUSY holiday seasons are coming around the corner, such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. Honestly though, since there are not traditional holiday songs for either Halloween or Thanksgiving, might as well start blasting the Santa and baby Jesus songs to put that out as a reminder.

~Shwa

7. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

I love Christmas so much, that I don't really mind seeing or hearing the stuff right now. I think it's nice to draw one of my favorite holidays out as much as possible. I think any earlier than this though is a bit much. Haha.

I've already ordered some Christmas tree ornaments, Santa countdown calendar, wrapping paper, and tags & seals. :) I'm ready for it, bring it on. Haha.

8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Wow you are really organized...

Honestly the thought of Christmas hadn't even crossed my mind until i saw this thread, I personally think that Christmas things should start in very late October - Early November, definitely not earlier than that.

9. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P. Lifetime

Haha, I just get really excited for Christmas. I will begin shopping for Christmas presents soon, too. (I have a huge family to buy for, so I need to spread it out over time, otherwise I will be broke.) :p

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

It's always too early for me. I have an intense hatred for christmas music.

Personally, I think it should wait until December. The month of is enough.