• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Tony Hawk Franchise

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I got this thread idea from Gin's reply in the Fallen Agels thread.

I want to know your thoughts on the franchise. Did you guys enjoy it? Do you still play it?

Personally, I was addicted to the game, I didn't own it, but I played often at my friends house. I wasn't really good at it, but some times I would pull of some pretty crazy tricks.

I would definitely buy if a new game came out for the PS3.

How about you guys?

BigBob

Registered Member
The early Tony Hawk games were amazing. I use to play them non-stop. I have played most of them, from Tony Hawk Pro Skater, 2, 3 and 4.. as well as Underground, Underground 2, American Wasteland, Project 8 and Proving Ground. From what I remember, Project 8 was the worst one I played.. and Tony Hawk Pro Skater was definitely the best ones with Underground and Underground 2 close behind.

Alta

Registered Member
I played the Underground games and American Wasteland. I enjoyed them a lot. I really liked the create a park feature. I'd always make some crazy ass ramp. American Wasteland was fun. I remember that when American Wasteland came out, they stressed the fact that there were no loading screens, but in the game there would indeed be loading screens that would appear for a short time.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I was a huge fan of the first two games when they first came out. My first franchise devotion was to this franchise, but every game after that kinda chipped away at my interest.

So when THPS HD came out for XBLA, I went crazy. It has all the maps from THPS 1 and 2, and will be updated with maps from 3 and the revert.

To any fan of the franchise, buy it. It's worth it.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Speaking as a skateboarder, I absolutely loved the Tony Hawks franchise. The first wave of THPS games were definitely the best of the bunch, along with American Wasteland. I know the Underground games had a huge cult following, but they just never gelled with me.

The worst of the bunch was Project 8 without a doubt. So much wasted potential with that one.

Proving Ground was pretty good though; especially because of the storylines and awesome features like Aggrokick, Nail-The-Manual and the shoulder checking ability.

Good times... good times.

Ziggy

Sup?
American Wasteland was probably my favourite out of the bunch followed closely by 2.

American Wasteland was just heaps of fun from start to finish and number 2 had such an awesome soundtrack for a video game.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 8
Babe_Ruth NFL 16
Nightsurfer Sports 2
Nightsurfer Sports 2
F Video Games 3