Tony Awards 2009

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Winners announced this weekend (June 7):

Best Play: God of Carnage
Best Musical: Billy Elliot, The Musical
Best Original Score: Next to Normal (Kit and Yorkey)
Best Rvival of a Play: The Normal Conquests
Best Revival of a Musical: Hair
Best Special Theatrical Event: Liza's at the Palace

Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play: Geoffrey Rush (Exit the King)
Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Play: Marcia Gay Harden (God of Carnage)
Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical: David Alvarez, Trent Kowalik, and Kiril Kulish (Billy Elliot, The Musical) --- yes they're three! :lol: It's the first time that happened too for this award.
Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Musical: Alice Ripley (Next to Normal)
Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Play: Roger Robinson (Joe Turner's Come and Gone)
Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play: Angela Lansbury (Blithe Spirit)
Best Performance by a Featured Actor in a Musical: Gregory Jbara (Billy Elliot, The Musical)
Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Musical: Karen Olivo (West Side Story)

Best Direction of a Play: Matthew Warchus (God of Carnage)
Best Direction of a Musical: Stephen Daldry (Billy Elliot, The Musical)
Best Choreography: Peter Darling (Billy Elliot, The Musical)

etc. etc. (see Tony's website or wiki Tony Awards)

Special Tony Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Theatre: Jerry Herman

If you don't know him, he composed scores for Broadway musicals, Hello Dolly and La Cage aux Folles, for example.

----

I haven't seen a Tony winner yet that has disappointed me so I'm looking forward to checking out some musicals that did well in this year's competition like Next to Normal and Billy Elliot.

I've actually heard a lot of good things about Billy Elliot I just haven't gotten a chance to get to it. I really wanna see it though.

I haven't heard of God of Carnage though, I'll have to look that up!

God bless the tony awards.

and misb

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I've actually heard a lot of good things about Billy Elliot I just haven't gotten a chance to get to it. I really wanna see it though.

I haven't heard of God of Carnage though, I'll have to look that up!

God bless the tony awards.

and misb

If you'd like to see the opening number at the Tony Awards, it will give you a feel of some songs in each of the shows participating in the award.

YouTube - Opening Number - Tony Awards 2009

Hail Tony Awards!

and misb