Tons of players cut today

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't see a reason to make 50 threads about different cuts so here are some that I found...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers release:

RB Warrick Dunn
LB Derrick Brooks
WR Joey Galloway
WR Ike Hilliard
LB Cato June

Kansas City Chiefs release:

QB Damon Huard
LB Donnie Edwards
CB Patrick Surtain

Carolina Panthers release:

RB Nick Goings
WR DJ Hackett

Some huge frickin changes in Tampa...holy crap

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, I am surprise they got rid of Brooks, who's been one of their best defensive player in the last decade or so. I wonder if he's going to retire or he's going to sign with another team. Galloway and Dunn are a pretty big surprise as well, both are still capable of getting the job done in my opinion. They'll get another job somewhere else.

I agree with you, those are big names, and a lot of players.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Brooks can still go I think. Galloway is 39 but can still go too. I think it made sense for THEM to release them but it's still shocking.

I hope the Rams make a run at Cato June.

Seriously though, what is up with all the teams simultaneously getting rid of all their good veteran players, especially Derrick Brooks and Warrick Dunn. It's like the owners or whoever have all been drinking the same wine.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
More cuts...

My St Louis Rams cut...

WR Drew Bennett
QB Trent Green

I can't believe they cut Bennett because of his cap hit but he was a huge flop. Green is my boy because he went to the same high school as me but he wasn't good last year.
------
Oops...here's another...

rotoworld.com is the source

Jets released WR Laveranues Coles.

Coles' $6 million 2009 salary remains guaranteed, however, and the Jets are open to bringing him back. Coles also seems open to it. "We didn't leave on bad terms," he said. "It's not out of the question that I could come back." Still, Coles wants an extension and the Jets are hesitant to appease him at age 30 with declining long speed. If no reunion is worked out, Coles still becomes arguably the No. 2 receiver on the market, behind only T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Last edited:

Unstoppable

Registered Member
Lots of veterans being released, but with money as tight as it is does it make sense to pay older guys on their last legs a bunch of money that u could spend on younger guys who are just as talented and will play longer?

I am suprised at a lot of the TB cuts, especially Brooks he was one of their top defensive players

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Coles really surprises me, he was their best receiver, it doesnt make much sense if you ask me. I am sure a lot of teams will be trying to sign him this off season. I think he still as a lot left in the tank.

With Coles being axed and Favre unlikely to play another season I think it's safe to say the Jets aren't going to have a winning season like they did this year. Sucks how all these games are losing their key players, what next the Patriots cut Randy Moss?