Toning it down in SD

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

When posting in SD, please try to avoid baited questions and loaded remarks. It does nothing but divide completely more than bring people together on things we can agree on. I'm guilty of this just as much as the next guy so I'm preaching to myself here too.

In the end we do need to realize that while we will probably never all agree on every major issue, being civil about it and respecting opinions of others is key. It's one thing to disagree with somebody. It's another thing altogether to disagree with somebody but still have respect for them.

I will work on being careful how I word things and I hope others who tend to be extremely partisan will do the same. I've seen this on both sides of issues being debated. I'm not pointing fingers at anybody. I'm guilty of this myself.

There is nothing wrong with being civil about political diversity. Political diversity is what spurs good debates and discussions. It's when it turns into cheap shots and low blows that people start to distant themselves and feel pushed away. I'd like to see SD become a more civil discussion area than it is right now. I'm posting this thread myself because I'll be the first to admit I haven't exactly been part of the solution.

Now, let's have a civil discussion about dealing with partisanship and bias in a civil friendly manner. Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

The context of this thread made me lol

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Credible sources and reasonable tone ftw.