Tonic Water

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by EllyDicious, Jan 27, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

[​IMG]

You drink it often/rarely?
    Have you heard anything negative about it?

i've been drinking it very much lately to help me digest the food faster.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Never drink it. Is it fizzy water? I hate the taste of fizzy water.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I only ever drink it with vodka or gin. Plain tonic water is pretty bland. If I need a carbonated beverage I prefer ginger ale.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I can't stand tonic water. It makes my stomach hurt. One time my grandfather gave me some as a joke instead of water, and I coughed so hard, I nearly puked.

5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

It's what our forces used in Africa to combat malaria. It's also what they mixed with gin to make the tonic water palatable.

It's basically a carbonated soft drink which, thanks to the quinine, tastes distinctively bitter. Also, it's fluorescent (also thanks to the quinine!).

ANYWAY, I love the stuff. Never drunk it mixed, though, I've just drunk it straight.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  6. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

I actually kinda like Tonic Water! I've had it with gin and limes lately, and it was pretty good. Tonic Water, by itself, almost has a nice citrus-y taste.

7. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

Perrier.

Perrier is a great drink, if I'm not feeling well, a bottle of that will make me feel better in a jiffy. And it tastes good, not particularly great, but good. I'd like it with lemonade and vodka

8. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

The only time I ever drink tonic water is when it's mixed with vodka and limes.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Gin and tonic is pretty nice, especially with lemon & lime. It's my parents' favourite drink, actually. Tonic water on it's own though... not so great.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Same thing for me, I cannot stand Tonic Water by itself, I don't like carbonated beverages and this one as to be one that I hate the most. I even have problems drinking it with Gin sometimes.