• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Tommy John surgery = PEDs

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Didn't really know what to call this thread. Anyway, BJBirdy mentioned Chris Carpenter in another thread it made me think if this thread.

A lot of pitchers come back from Tommy John surgery even better - Carpenter was one of those pitchers. It was like night and day for him after surgery.

Obviously, the surgery saves the pitchers career and some of them cannot avoid not getting the surgery done but do you believe the surgery is like taking PEDs? What I mean is that it gives pitchers an advantage when they come back?

Hopefully I'm making sense here lol.

Sabby

Bizzy said:
Didn't really know what to call this thread. Anyway, BJBirdy mentioned Chris Carpenter in another thread it made me think if this thread.

A lot of pitchers come back from Tommy John surgery even better - Carpenter was one of those pitchers. It was like night and day for him after surgery.

Obviously, the surgery saves the pitchers career and some of them cannot avoid not getting the surgery done but do you believe the surgery is like taking PEDs? What I mean is that it gives pitchers an advantage when they come back?

Hopefully I'm making sense here lol.
I'd only akin it to PED use, if players were getting the surgery done for no reason. even at that its a stretch at best