Tomlinson signs 2-years with Jets

Discussion in 'NFL' started by BigBob, Mar 14, 2010.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Guess he couldn't deal with being a for sure back up. IMO the Jets would've been better off just resigning Jones.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! I didn't see this one coming that's for sure. I know he's been declining during the last few seasons but I think he can still get the job done. He could be an effective running back who gets around 10-30 carries a game. If he plays well then you give him more carries.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

He won't get more then 20-25. They want Greene to be their franchise back and they way he played during the playoffs, hell defiantly get more.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I'm not too surprised by this, a decent pick up by the Jets. He'll be a solid back up, and who knows, maybe he still has a decent amount of gas left in the tank.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Its a great deal for the Jets in my opinion...I mean, why the hell not?

Shonn Green is a good back but protecting him with LT is gonna be good.

6. Tonn

Tonn Registered Member

I am completely pissed off about this, why? I hate the Jets with a Passion. LT will never win a Superbowl with them, he should of went with the Vikings. BUT it is a good pickup I can't lie. LT can mentor Shonn Greene and he knows he'll get his fair share of rushes with the Jets. He will not get more then 20 caries a game though. There's noway, the jets have three backs, 'nuff said.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

They don't have Leon Washington anymore. He's looking around and is on the Vikings radar and seems to be above Westbrook right now for us.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

He will look extremely weird in gang green and white.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Question for you guys.

Are the Jets better with Tomlinson or they should of kept Thomas Jones? Who brings more to the table?

10. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Was that even ment to be a serious question? The obvious answer is Jones because of the season he just came off of, and because this isn't the same L.T. who was a lock to score 15 touchdowns a game.