Tomlinson has torn groin

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

[​IMG]

LaDainian Tomlinson confirmed Wednesday that he has a torn tendon in his groin and called himself "doubtful" to play on Sunday.

"If it was a strain I'd be able to play with it, trust me," he said. "A lot of guys have strains." Tomlinson will likely be inactive against Pittsburgh and the injury will probably require surgery. Norv Turner refuted reports about LT2's torn tendon last week, but it appears he was just covering up the injury

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If he plays that's simply incredible. But I highly doubt that he will. With that being said I think Sproles will do a good job replacing him, he's a very talented back. He proved last week as well that he's capable of doing this in the playoffs as well.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Best to rest the injury but you know it's killing L.T. to watch from the sidelines as his team play.

By the way the Chargers are probably going to get raped this week.

Millz likes this.
  4. Millz

I think the Steelers are going to roll as well. San Diego was an 8-8 team for a reason. These are my thoughts whether LT is in there or not.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

He better not play with a torn groin. Aside from sounding ridiculously painful, playing through an injury is never a good idea, especially in a game like football where you have to go 100% on every play.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

For some crazy reason I still believe the Chargers are going to win. I think the momentum of beating the Colts will carry on this weekend against the Chargers. I know the Steelers have a great defense, arguably the best in the league, but I have a hunch they'll pull out the victory. But on the other hand, I could be way off.

7. Millz

MJ...

I think this Steeler defense is easily the best in the leauge and might be one of the very best we've seen in a long time. Big Ben is the key to the game though IMO.

8. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

LT can't play with the torn tendon, it's not so much about pain tolerance as it is mobility. Yeah LT is a hybrid back, but what makes him so special are the cuts he's able to make. Take it from someone who's been there, you can't make those same cuts with a groin injury, especially a tear. Not only is it good for to rest, but it's good for the team, he wouldn't produce nearly as well, especially against a Defense like the steelers.

9. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Who needs LT when you have Darren Sproles? But really. Sproles isn't no LT but he isn't no slouch. He's a very good RB.

Though LT or Sproles it doesn't really matter when you're playing the Steelers who are ranked #1 in almost every defensive category.

The Steelers should win this game.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  10. Millz

Yep yep

And I believe Michael Bennett is the second guy behind Sproles now and he's not terrible either! He's been a starter in the NFL.