• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 1 Tomb Raider

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who here got into these games? I played the 1st one at my cousins many years ago, and it was a decent game. Had an Indiana Jones feel to it. I never went on to the others though, because I never had a Playstation. By the time PS2 came out I wasn't about to buy old PS games.

Wrecked

Registered Member
i have the one for Sega Saturn and it was pretty fun but really difficult.

i tried to play the other ones but some of them had effed up controls and i couldn't get into them. and it's a little slow for my taste.

i did happen to play the Indiana Jones game [ demo ] and thought that it was pretty sweet. i plan on buying it, some day.

yooperchick

Registered Member
We borrowed this game from a friend. I tried playing it, but I always ended up having Lara go around in circles. The training session was real difficult for me even. I found her hard to control. I did watch it many times being played, and I enjoyed the puzzles. And, did enjoy the Indiana Jones / explorer feel to it. The one time I did get her to do a handstand, that was pretty cool. :)

Teorropy

I play it a little on a friends computer, but never really got into it that much. I don't know why but just didn't get into it. Not the right kind of feel for me I guess.

Spinlock

Registered Member
I liked it. At first, yes, the controls were difficult... but I got used to it, just like all the other games I spend hours at a time playing.

unrealphantasy3

Registered Member
I never really got into it. For me, it was just to hard to figure out where you had to go and what you had to do next. I can't say I really liked the controls either. The latest Tomb Raider (Tomb Raider:Legends) is okay though. It fixes the whole control issue and isn't as frustrating ( though the puzzles are kind of hard)